• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

writing session

Drew85

Question

4 answers to this question

The Mac OS is not designed to read multiple sessions burned to DVD media so Toast will not do it. What you might do instead is create a DVD-sized temporary partition (a disc image file) using Toast. Write your sessions to the mounted disc image. When it is full burn it to DVD using the image file setting in the Copy window.

Or use a USB flash drive instead of a temporary partition.

The Mac OS is not designed to read multiple sessions burned to DVD media so Toast will not do it. What you might do instead is create a DVD-sized temporary partition (a disc image file) using Toast. Write your sessions to the mounted disc image. When it is full burn it to DVD using the image file setting in the Copy window.

Or use a USB flash drive instead of a temporary partition.

Thank you, I would liked to just back up files that sometimes get updated. I have an extra drive I'll just back up to their as well

I have been burning multisession DVD-Rs on OS X for years. However, it is no longer working with Leopard. The DVD is burned and the verify finds no errors. The writing of the lead-out takes a very long time and I believe it is writing the lead-out as though I have not checked the multisession radio button, which I have. I cannot believe this wasn't addressed in 8.0.3 because multisession discs burned with 8.0.3 still don't allow multiple sessions. When I attempt to burn a second session on the DVD-R Toast ejects the dvd and says to insert another dvd. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have been burning multisession DVD-Rs on OS X for years. However, it is no longer working with Leopard. The DVD is burned and the verify finds no errors. The writing of the lead-out takes a very long time and I believe it is writing the lead-out as though I have not checked the multisession radio button, which I have. I cannot believe this wasn't addressed in 8.0.3 because multisession discs burned with 8.0.3 still don't allow multiple sessions. When I attempt to burn a second session on the DVD-R Toast ejects the dvd and says to insert another dvd. Is anyone else having this problem?

The Write Session button is grayed out and not selectable when DVD media is used in Toast. It always has been this way. Multisession burning only works with CD media. There is another application called BurnAgain DVD that I believe does multisession DVD burning. I've never used it.

Archived