• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Convert DVD to Ipod with Creator 10

Jim H2

Question

I'm new to the Roxio software. Just got Creator 10. For the life of me, I can't figure out all the steps to transfer a DVD to my Ipod. I have tried to follow cues on screen. I have read and re-read the instruction book section on the topic. I'm generally not quite this stupid.

I did "DVD Video Copy" and made a copy of my disc. Then I go to "Video Compilation" and Add Movies. I get the movie to the menu. I choose Ipod as my Format on the destination side of the screen (my Ipod is attached to the computer). "Output to Portable Device Media" isn't accessable as a choice at that point. Then I just don't know what to do.

Does anyone have the inclination to help me figure this out? I just wish they had software support to call. Duh.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I assume iTunes will find your iPod and you can transfer the file thri iTunes.

Beerman is correct. You must use iTunes to transfer the video file to the iPod once created.

Have EMC write the file to your iTunes library folder. Then in iTunes, you must add the file to your library. From there it will sync to your iPod depending how you have your sync set up within iTunes. I use playlists and sync the playlists and not the entire library.

In that case, drag the file that is now in your library to your playlist and sync the pod.

I'm not sure why your iPod isn't picked up but have you tried saving the exported file to your hard drive instead of your iPod? Then you can copy the file to your iPod from your hard drive---I assume iTunes will find your iPod and you can transfer the file thri iTunes.

Archived