• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Weird Noise

dspringer@kc.rr.com

Question

Whenever I record music to a CD-R (doesnt matter if it is directly from a disc or from my hard drive) there is noise that can be heard on the recordings. Most of the time it is a helicopter sound (the sound a helicopter makes as it flys overhead). There is also cracking and hissing in the recordings that should not be there. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and drivers as well as the sound and it has not been taken care of. Please help me. Any suggestions? Could it be a bad sound card? What else could cause this? Please help me! Thanks!

9 answers to this question

You could be correct about the problem being the sound card, however I would certainly do a little more investigation before I bought a new one. Have you tried playing the same music files on any other programs rather than playing them after recording them ? Where did the original files come from ?

Frank..........

You could be correct about the problem being the sound card, however I would certainly do a little more investigation before I bought a new one. Have you tried playing the same music files on any other programs rather than playing them after recording them ? Where did the original files come from ?

Frank..........

Hi Frank. I can play the same recording using Media Creator and my own computer CD player and it sounds great. These are original recordings direct from CD. Some are off of the CD and some have been put on my hard drive but were burned there directly from a CD. I do have osme Itunes stuff there but I have not even attempted to burn ITunes using Roxio because I can not seem to access it. I have an emachines T6410 with 1 gig of memory. My video editing software I use through ULEAD works great with no problem in sound which makes me wonder if it truly is the sound card as well. Any ideas?

I would love to get a hold of tech support on line (I sure dont want to pay $35 for something like this after paying 99.00 for the software). Let me know what you think. Thanks!

If your music files are playing correctly from other programs or from your computer CD drive then I suggest that your sound card is NOT the problem, or you would get some problems there also. Based on what you have said I think you are recording the music directly from the CDd in your drive that has the files. And I'm not sure what you mean when you stated that you "BURNED" some of them from the CD to you hard drive. If that means you just transferred some of them to your hard drive, have you tried burning the files from the hard drive to a new media disk using EMC ?

I hope I am understanding your problem correctly

Frank....

If your music files are playing correctly from other programs or from your computer CD drive then I suggest that your sound card is NOT the problem, or you would get some problems there also. Based on what you have said I think you are recording the music directly from the CDd in your drive that has the files. And I'm not sure what you mean when you stated that you "BURNED" some of them from the CD to you hard drive. If that means you just transferred some of them to your hard drive, have you tried burning the files from the hard drive to a new media disk using EMC ?

I hope I am understanding your problem correctly

Frank....

I have ripped CDs to my desktop to burn to a CD immediately for a project and I have also tried to record music that has been on the harddrive for some time. What would happen if I uninstalled the entire program and then reinstalled it? Would that have any effect?

As I recall you suggested in your first post that you had already uninstalled and reinstalled your software to see if that would correct the problem and that didn't help. I assume you were doing that with the "entire" program. What version of EMC are you using ?

Maybe I'm a little slow at guessing what you are trying to do, but if you are just wanting to "copy" original music files to another CD (what is the extension of the music files BTW ?) or burn just certain files from a previous CD then using EMC's "Copy Audio CD" or "Copy Tracks From Audio CD" should do the trick. Are the audio files yours or are they audio files from another source ? The noise thing still has me stumped, especially if all the audio plays correctly without the noise on other programs.

Frank...

Hi Frank. I can play the same recording using Media Creator and my own computer CD player and it sounds great. These are original recordings direct from CD. Some are off of the CD and some have been put on my hard drive but were burned there directly from a CD. I do have osme Itunes stuff there but I have not even attempted to burn ITunes using Roxio because I can not seem to access it. I have an emachines T6410 with 1 gig of memory. My video editing software I use through ULEAD works great with no problem in sound which makes me wonder if it truly is the sound card as well. Any ideas?

I would love to get a hold of tech support on line (I sure dont want to pay $35 for something like this after paying 99.00 for the software). Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Do you have iTunes installed on your computer? If you do, it could be causing a conflict.

Thanks Bruce for the information regarding iTunes. I have it on my notebook computer and really have no use for it anyway so I'll just remove it. I have not had any problems in the past but might in the future depending on what production I am doing.

Frank.....

I do have itunes installed. What kind of conflict could this cause?

iTunes has been know to cause a conflict with a multitude of audio burning programs. I thought that it was corrected with version 6 of iTunes, but I am not sure. I do know that version 5 was a big problem.

I do not have iTunes on my computer, so I can't try to reproduce your problem.

Archived