• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cache not flusned after DVD burning

Brisbaneroad

Question

4 answers to this question

After burning a DVD from VOB files using Disc Copier 10, the cache does not appear to get removed. A file of about 4GB is left on my hard drive labelled temp.c2d. After two or three of these, the disk is full and no more DVDs can be burnt until I go in and manually delete them all.

Unless you clear them out manually, those should be deleted upon reboot.

Easy Media Creator 10 doesn't have Disc Copier as you know it. It includes Video Copy and Convert program and a Sonic Copy Disc, Create Image, and Burn Image program.

When I use Video Copy and Convert to burn a DVD I get four files and a Sonic folder placed in the temp folder nothing larger than 12k. You say you get a temp.c2d file, are you using Video Copy and Convert in EMC V10?

"This wasn't an issue with earlier versions." Earlier versions had Disc Copier, Roxio version.

cd

Yes, it is Copy and Convert. And I've realised that the cache is not removed even on reboot. What I get is a folder with a name starting DC... containing a VIDEO_TS folder (empty) and a temp.c2d file which is the same size as the DVD itself. Not surprisingly these quickly fill up my hard drive. I don't know if it's significant but the cache is not on the same partition as the original files.

That seems to be the case, but is not helpful when I'm burning several DVDs in one session. This wasn't an issue with earlier versions.

Easy Media Creator 10 doesn't have Disc Copier as you know it. It includes Video Copy and Convert program and a Sonic Copy Disc, Create Image, and Burn Image program.

When I use Video Copy and Convert to burn a DVD I get four files and a Sonic folder placed in the temp folder nothing larger than 12k. You say you get a temp.c2d file, are you using Video Copy and Convert in EMC V10?

"This wasn't an issue with earlier versions." Earlier versions had Disc Copier, Roxio version.

cd

Archived