• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem burning an image

QMatteoQ

Question

Hi, for work my boss has just bought me a Dell Vostro 1700, where I found preinstalled Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. I've never used it, so I decided to give it a try burning an image on a DVD: i choose to burn an image from the main menu, i inserted the empty DVD in the drive and I selected the image from my hard disk. I clicked on the button to start the writing process, but the program eject the cd, telling me to insert a CD and listing me a list of valid CD & DVD types (they've matched, since I used a DVD+R support, that was in the ist). I inserted it again and pressed OK, but nothing, it continues to eject it. To do a test, I've tried to burn the same image on the same DVD+R with FinalBurner Free and I had no problem: the image was correctly burned.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Hi, for work my boss has just bought me a Dell Vostro 1700, where I found preinstalled Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. I've never used it, so I decided to give it a try burning an image on a DVD: i choose to burn an image from the main menu, i inserted the empty DVD in the drive and I selected the image from my hard disk. I clicked on the button to start the writing process, but the program eject the cd, telling me to insert a CD and listing me a list of valid CD & DVD types (they've matched, since I used a DVD+R support, that was in the ist). I inserted it again and pressed OK, but nothing, it continues to eject it. To do a test, I've tried to burn the same image on the same DVD+R with FinalBurner Free and I had no problem: the image was correctly burned.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Try running the PX engine from the following URL:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

Archived