• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unistalled Roxio Files after System Restore Problem

seaville4

Question

After a problem with my PC requiring a system recovery, Roxio does not show up in control panel add / remove programs ( it was there prior to recovery). EMC 8 will not work properply, however I am not able to uninstall damaged files / threads before re-installation.

Can anyone help me with this ? I have not been able to find a Roxio removal tool anywhere on the web.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

After a problem with my PC requiring a system recovery, Roxio does not show up in control panel add / remove programs ( it was there prior to recovery). EMC 8 will not work properply, however I am not able to uninstall damaged files / threads before re-installation.

Can anyone help me with this ? I have not been able to find a Roxio removal tool anywhere on the web.

Thanks

Are you talking about system restore or a recovery program? At any rate, just install EMC 8 again.

Are you talking about system restore or a recovery program? At any rate, just install EMC 8 again.

Bruce...

Thank you for replying...M PC hung up, would not nboot to Windows XP, then began System Recovery, not a restore ( which, by the way, always worked prior to this, but now does not ).

I did try to simply install EMC 8 and that causes a "STOP" episode... ( a message that a serious error caused the PC to stop and reboot)...So - I unintalled that, but the old files and threads ( many of them) remain on my PC...that is why I hoped to find a remove / uninstall tool for Roxio - Does such a tool exist?

Anyway, I appreciate your interest and your response..

Jim

Bruce...

Thank you for replying...M PC hung up, would not nboot to Windows XP, then began System Recovery, not a restore ( which, by the way, always worked prior to this, but now does not ).

I did try to simply install EMC 8 and that causes a "STOP" episode... ( a message that a serious error caused the PC to stop and reboot)...So - I unintalled that, but the old files and threads ( many of them) remain on my PC...that is why I hoped to find a remove / uninstall tool for Roxio - Does such a tool exist?

Anyway, I appreciate your interest and your response..

Jim

What OS are you running? XP or Vista? You won't get EMC 8 to run in Vista. If you have XP, follow the instructions for the Clean Install, in the following:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Archived