• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD-RW Format/Erase

mrsdriver5

Question

I used a DVD-RW to make a test copy of a project I had completed. I then burned it to a DVD+R and wanted to erase/format the RW....but the option isn't there. If I use Explore to go into the disk, it shows that they are Read-Only files and won't allow me to change them. I went to MyDVD and was able to use the Erase tool, but now I can't send anything to the disk because I get a message saying that Windows doesn't recognize the disk or the disk is corrupt. I used the RW to save money, so I wouldn't waste a +R if the project didn't work, but instead I've now got a more expensive coaster.

I had already taken Drag to Disk off the computer since I've had problems with it and I'd seen others on the Forum having issues with it. Do I need to reinstall it so I can reformat the disk?

I have XP Media Edition.

Thanks for any suggestions~

7 answers to this question

Thanks~I had done an erase, but it wouldn't let me re-write. However, I did another computer-restart (after getting rid of Drag to Disc), erased again and it seems to be working OK.

Is there any reason to have Drag to Disc on the computer? The EMC9 Suite gets confusing....so many programs and some seem kind of repetitive. I need time to just play and learn~

I used a DVD-RW to make a test copy of a project I had completed. I then burned it to a DVD+R and wanted to erase/format the RW....but the option isn't there. If I use Explore to go into the disk, it shows that they are Read-Only files and won't allow me to change them. I went to MyDVD and was able to use the Erase tool, but now I can't send anything to the disk because I get a message saying that Windows doesn't recognize the disk or the disk is corrupt. I used the RW to save money, so I wouldn't waste a +R if the project didn't work, but instead I've now got a more expensive coaster.

I had already taken Drag to Disk off the computer since I've had problems with it and I'd seen others on the Forum having issues with it. Do I need to reinstall it so I can reformat the disk?

I have XP Media Edition.

Thanks for any suggestions~

Try this. Click on the desktop icon, then when it opens, on the right side, click on Disc Information. Click on erase, and see if that clears up the problem with re-writing to it.

Thanks~I had done an erase, but it wouldn't let me re-write. However, I did another computer-restart (after getting rid of Drag to Disc), erased again and it seems to be working OK.

Is there any reason to have Drag to Disc on the computer? The EMC9 Suite gets confusing....so many programs and some seem kind of repetitive. I need time to just play and learn~

Drag to Disc is a pariah, or should be, anyway. Get rid of it.

Any other parts to EMC9 Suite that you all think should be tossed? I know that everyone might not use all of the same parts of the program, but is there anything else that causes problems and is just not needed?

I don't use all of the programs, but Drag to Disc is the only one that I uninstall immediately.

Archived