installing second CD

kimg4433@yahoo.com

Question

9 answers to this question

Did your version 9 came with your computer? If so, it isn't full featured.

My Roxio did not come on my computer, I actually purchased it 6 months before my computer. My old computer could not handle it that why I purchased a new computer. I took my Roxio box in with me when I ordered my computer, I gave them the specs and told them that is was minimum that I wanted. The computer place assured me that my new system could handle Roxio 9 with no problem. Also, I choose to stay with XP so I wouldn't have to get a new Roxio.

My video card is Nvidia geforce 8600 GT

I ran the test in Video wave an it changed by to hardware.

I do have a test version of Nero - should I delete it?

My Roxio did not come on my computer, I actually purchased it 6 months before my computer. My old computer could not handle it that why I purchased a new computer. I took my Roxio box in with me when I ordered my computer, I gave them the specs and told them that is was minimum that I wanted. The computer place assured me that my new system could handle Roxio 9 with no problem. Also, I choose to stay with XP so I wouldn't have to get a new Roxio.

My video card is Nvidia geforce 8600 GT

I ran the test in Video wave an it changed by to hardware.

I do have a test version of Nero - should I delete it?

Pretty good card.

Do you see the other transitions now? Look for the 3D transitions. If you have them then everything is set up the way it should be.

There are some tweaks to that card that you might want to consider. Set it to balanced or a notch or two toward performance (away from appearance) and make sure that the other controls are set to "Application Controlled." You should havea NVidia Control Panel on your computer.

BTW, some transitions can be run forward AND backward and you can change some to a different color. For instance, the shower transition run backwards gives a drying appearance.

If the program is working OK and you bought a large enough hard drive, there is no need to remove Nero. Typically the only conflict would be having two packet writing programs on your computer at the same time. Roxio's is Drag to Disc, I believe Nero's is InCD. Best bet remove both. I took the easy way and removed Nero but it is stubborn. I still find traces of it.

Remember to add your computers specs to your signature so it shows up in al past and future posts. Go to MY Controls at the top of this page and then look to the left to edit signature. Put in the specs. Look at other's signature to see whay to put in.

It is probably too late but you should change your screen name to something else not related to your e-mail address. The spiderbots troll users groups to find e-mail addresses to add to spam lists.

It is a separate entry but the suite knows where it is

In common with most versions of EMC there are changes to the graphics files. It's possible that the ones you are looking for are no longer there, having been replaced by something else. This is normal with most apps - MS Office, for example, doesn't keep older clip art from earlier versions when you install the latest version

My Suite doesnt' seem to know where it is.

When I'm in the Suite and click on overlays, I see a list of available overlays. When I go through My Computer and click on the My Drive with the Second CD in it - Program files, Roxio, easy media Creator 9, VideoUI9, content, overlays, mask - I see 29 overlays that I do not see when I'm in the Suite.

I have the same number of transitions after I install the second CD as I did before I installed the CD.

I just tried deleting the Suite and the Second CD. I reinstalled the Suite, rebooted then installed the Second CD. It's no better. Any other suggestions?

When I'm in the Suite and click on overlays, I see a list of available overlays. When I go through My Computer and click on the My Drive with the Second CD in it - Program files, Roxio, easy media Creator 9, VideoUI9, content, overlays, mask - I see 29 overlays that I do not see when I'm in the Suite.

I have the same number of transitions after I install the second CD as I did before I installed the CD.

I just tried deleting the Suite and the Second CD. I reinstalled the Suite, rebooted then installed the Second CD. It's no better. Any other suggestions?

Could be a problem with your video card not being able to support directx9. What video card do you have in your pc?

Open Videowave and go to Tools > Options and see what the rendering is set to. If set to software, try running the test and see if it changes to hardware. If not, try updating your video card drivers and try again.

Did your version 9 came with your computer? If so, it isn't full featured.

Just put the CD in the drive, open it and then double click setup.exe

It will install itself in the correct place

That's what I did and it did not install itself in the correct place. :blink: When I select overlays I do not see fireworks or stars. When I go to my control panel to the Add or Remove Programs screen. The Roxio Content 9 is seperate from the Roxio Easy Media Creator.

It is a separate entry but the suite knows where it is

In common with most versions of EMC there are changes to the graphics files. It's possible that the ones you are looking for are no longer there, having been replaced by something else. This is normal with most apps - MS Office, for example, doesn't keep older clip art from earlier versions when you install the latest version

That's what I did and it did not install itself in the correct place. :blink: When I select overlays I do not see fireworks or stars. When I go to my control panel to the Add or Remove Programs screen. The Roxio Content 9 is seperate from the Roxio Easy Media Creator.

There are no stars or fireworks in the overlays in EMC 9.

Archived