Is drag-to-disc in EMC 10?

ppb

Question

Hello,

I just went from EMC 7 to EMC 10. There does not seem to be an equivalent to drag-to-disc.

When I loaded a partially created CD started with drag-to-disc under EMC 7, it was not recognized under EMC 10 until I finalized the disc on another computer.

Is there a drag-to-disc equivalent under EMC 10? How do I achieve the equivalent functionality?

Thanks,

PP

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I just went from EMC 7 to EMC 10. There does not seem to be an equivalent to drag-to-disc.

When I loaded a partially created CD started with drag-to-disc under EMC 7, it was not recognized under EMC 10 until I finalized the disc on another computer.

Is there a drag-to-disc equivalent under EMC 10? How do I achieve the equivalent functionality?

Thanks,

PP

Version 9 had it but it was dropped in version 10. Partially because Vista has the feature. Some here in the forum say that Drag and Drop packet writting format is not that good and leads to write errors, making anything you backup useless.

If you running XP you may be able to install the Drag and Drop program from version 7. From what I understand only version 9 Drag and Drop will work on Vista.

Thank you for the quick replies.

I have used drag-to-disc successfully for years; I have not run into any issues. (And yes, I have been able to use what I wrote to CDs.)

It's too bad the functionality was not made available for non-Vista users.

Cheers,

PP

Archived