• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photosuite 9

Judi

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a retail version and the 'Mask Layer' section is also greyed out.

Furthermore, since I am new at photosuite manipulation, I have no idea what 'mask layer' is, and don't know how or when to use it. The 'Help' file is absolutely useless, and nothing I enter into the search function returns any information.

Can any of you explain this function to me, or direct me to resources about it? Thanks....

I have emc 9 and I'm trying to access the Mask Layer in Photo suite and it's greyed out. Can someone tell me how I'm able to use this?

Thanks

Is your EMC 9 version a retail or downloaded version, or did it come with a computer or DVD burner? If it isn't retail or downloaded, it is a stripped down OEM version, and it doesn't have everything enabled.

I have emc 9 and I'm trying to access the Mask Layer in Photo suite and it's greyed out. Can someone tell me how I'm able to use this?

Thanks

I'm far from an expert on this but I can get it to activate. Open a photo. Use the top menu Photo, Tools and select one of the cut outs or do your own. Add the shape. Now select Mask Layer which will have become active. You can then delete the mask, invert the mask, cut out the object, etc.

I remember how to get that command set to activate but I don't remember ever trying to edit am image with it. I use a different photo editing program.

If you are able to use that successfully, it would be interesting if you would show us the results. You can put the before and after images on a file sharing web site and link to them here.

Hi,

I have a retail version and the 'Mask Layer' section is also greyed out.

Furthermore, since I am new at photosuite manipulation, I have no idea what 'mask layer' is, and don't know how or when to use it. The 'Help' file is absolutely useless, and nothing I enter into the search function returns any information.

Can any of you explain this function to me, or direct me to resources about it? Thanks....

It is sort of like painting a section of a car, you "mask off" what you don't want to paint. Essentially, adding a mask layer selects an area of an image that you want to do something with; for example cut out, copy, resize, paste into another image or otherwise modify.

If you read my post above, you'll see how to activate the mask layer and some of the functions. Do you have a different image editor? They all have something similar. You might want to look at the posts in the Photosuite section of the Legacy Products/ EMC 7 board to see if there is anything there to help.

Unfortunately the OP never came back and let us know what the OP did with it.

I'm far from an expert on this but I can get it to activate. Open a photo. Use the top menu Photo, Tools and select one of the cut outs or do your own. Add the shape. Now select Mask Layer which will have become active. You can then delete the mask, invert the mask, cut out the object, etc.

I remember how to get that command set to activate but I don't remember ever trying to edit am image with it. I use a different photo editing program.

If you are able to use that successfully, it would be interesting if you would show us the results. You can put the before and after images on a file sharing web site and link to them here.

I tried to follw your instructions (I'm using EMC 10 suite), but cannot get the Mask layer menu to become active.

EDIT I closed the Maskcutout window NOW the Mask Layer menu is active. But one can no longer change the shape/size of the cutout.

Archived