Mydvd 8 Help!

kewljoe

Question

OK heres the deal I created a DVD using mydvd8 and when it comes time to burn the project it says theres not enough space on the provided media. The image it created is a 4.6gb image and I have 4.7gb DVD's but in reality windows only recongnizes 4.37gb therefore it does not allow the 4.6gb image to burn to the media. Are there any settings I can mess with to make the image smaller without loosing content?

5 answers to this question

OK heres the deal I created a DVD using mydvd8 and when it comes time to burn the project it says theres not enough space on the provided media. The image it created is a 4.6gb image and I have 4.7gb DVD's but in reality windows only recongnizes 4.37gb therefore it does not allow the 4.6gb image to burn to the media. Are there any settings I can mess with to make the image smaller without loosing content?

There sure is. Don't burn it to a disc. Burn it to an image file (ISO), then burn it to a DVD using Disc Copier. Disc Copier will compress it to fit on a standard DVD. In your case, there won't be much compression.

Remove the check mark from 'burn to disc' and select 'save image file'. Give your ISO a name and remember where you saved it and let it burn. You should have first selected to use Best Quality in the project settings box before going into the burn dialogue box.

When your image is complete, browse to where you saved it, double click the ISO file and let Disc Copier copy it to disc. It will shrink it to fit at the best quality possible.

Thanks guys, your prompt response is indeed greatly appreciatted and I did exactly like you said, it worked like a charm. Now I can keep on burning :)

Thanks for letting us know you're up and running. Let us know if you need any more help.

Archived