• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Temporary files

jreding

Question

Is there anyone who knows how to change the default temp directory? Every time I try to burn a movie, I get a message saying there isn't enough disk space and the movie may be truncated. The only way I've been able to get around this is to lower the recording quality to either LP or EP, even if the movie will burn at SP or HQ. I've checked all the menus and the onboard help and there isn't any information.

2 answers to this question

Changing the temp directory if you only have one drive isn't going to do any good - it will still take up the same amount of space on the drive.

What I'd recommend is that you get a second drive and do the following

1: create a folder on the new drive (probably drive D:) called Temp

2: Open Control Panel, System and go to the 'Advanced' Tab

3: click 'Environment Variables' and edit the values for both Temp and tmp to D:\Temp

4: Return to Advanced and, under 'Performance' click on 'Settings and again, click on 'Advanced

5: In that, go down to 'Virtual Memory' and click 'Change'

6: Click on Drice C:, select 'No Paging File' and then click 'Set'

7: Click on Drive D:, select 'Custom Size' and set both max and min values to the same value as the max on C

8: close down and reboot

9: right click on 'My Documents' in the start menu and select Properties

10: Edit that to change it from Drive C to Drive D and allow it to move all files

This will free up a considerable amount of space on the C drive by removing all the normal temp files, documents and swapfile away from it

Changing the temp directory if you only have one drive isn't going to do any good - it will still take up the same amount of space on the drive.

3: click 'Environment Variables' and edit the values for both Temp and tmp to D:\Temp

4: Return to Advanced and, under 'Performance' click on 'Settings and again, click on 'Advanced

7: Click on Drive D:, select 'Custom Size' and set both max and min values to the same value as the max on C

10: Edit that to change it from Drive C to Drive D and allow it to move all files

This will free up a considerable amount of space on the C drive by removing all the normal temp files, documents and swapfile away from it

I already have an external drive that I want to move the temps to - but I only want to move the files that Roxio creates, not ALL temp files.

Archived