Creator 10 won't install

TCooper

Question

I have downloaded both V10 files (suite and Content) and when I attempt to install the suite, a status box appears and all of the files unpack, but once the status bar reaches the far right and all files are done unpacking the box disappears and nothing else happens. I have also tried unloading everything from the start-up in msconfig and then trying the install, but the same thing happens. Does anyone have another idea to try???

BTW, I am attempting this install on Windows XP SP 2.

3 answers to this question

Thanks to both of you, I think I found the problem. I had a program from Music Giants that was causing a conflict during the end of the ZIP extraction. For whatever reason, the file that was supposed to open Roxio was opening a program for a download from Music Giants web site. Once I removed the MG software Roxio started at the end of extraction.

Make a couple of temporary folders and then open the two files with Winzip or Winrar (right click and 'open with')and copy the extracted contents to the two folders. (hey're both self-extracting .exe files )

Then go to the one containing the 'program' and run setup.exe from there

If they fail on extraction, you will have to download them again (the files may be corrupted).

Once you have them extracted and installed - your first job should be to make two CDs with the contents of the folders so that you have a backup copy ;)

Archived