• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding error with EMC 10

Bob Tremaine

Question

I have been able to create a DVD project using EMC10 successfully. I Then start the burn process to a dual layer DVD. The encoding proces runs for 6 to 8 hours, which seems terribly long with the hardware that I am running. Once the encoding reaches 100% I get the following error message:

An unrecoverable device error occurred. Error while encoding movie 1.

There is only movie 1 in teh project. Can anyone shed some light on this error there is certainly no help on the Roxio/Sonic page.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I have been able to create a DVD project using EMC10 successfully. I Then start the burn process to a dual layer DVD. The encoding proces runs for 6 to 8 hours, which seems terribly long with the hardware that I am running. Once the encoding reaches 100% I get the following error message:

An unrecoverable device error occurred. Error while encoding movie 1.

There is only movie 1 in teh project. Can anyone shed some light on this error there is certainly no help on the Roxio/Sonic page.

Thanks

Instead of burning directly from MyDVD, select the option to create an ISO file on your computer. The use Video Copy and Convert to burn the disc. In the VCAC, select under Options to create an error log file. This will help determine where the problem lies, in encoding (which would take place when it creates the ISO file) or burning from VCAC. Using this method also reduces making shiny coasters.

Just as a followup. I tried everything that I could think of to get this to work and I was unsuccessful. As a last resort I downloaded a copy of Ulead Video Studio 11. Not only did it work perfectly, I was able to encode the same video that took 6 to 8 hours in EMC 10 and have it take 1 hour and 49 minutes to do the encoding and the full DVD burn in Ulead Video Studio 11!!!!!! I have been a customer of Roxio products since before they were Roxio but it looks like I won't be a customer of EMC 11.

Archived