• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help burning an audio book from iTunes to Toast 8

Sean OConnor

Question

Sorry for a basic question - but how do I burn an audio book from my audio book collection in iTunes using Toast 8?

I am new to Toast 8 having just purchased it following buying a new Pioneer disc drive and upgrading to OS X version 10.5 (nothing like making all sorts of changes at once!!). Toast 8 starts up fine and I can see that it recognizes my new Pioneer disc drive. It also shows my audiobook collection from my iTunes library. But when I try to drag an audiobook file over to the main window in Toast 8 it refuses to complete the action and gives me a warning message that the file is an unsupported type.

Huh??

I thought that this would be basic and straight forward but apparently not....any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Sean

2 answers to this question

But when I try to drag an audiobook file over to the main window in Toast 8 it refuses to complete the action and gives me a warning message that the file is an unsupported type.
When I try to follow your instructions, it seems to work: I take any file from the iTunes main window and drag it into a Toast 8 Window. Toast is set tu burn an audio CD, and it recognizes the length and the name of the file.

Is it possible that some DRM does not allow you to burn it in Toast? I myself have only music in iTunes, and all Music is from my own CDs, so there is no DRM involved here.

Try to burn the audio CD from within iTunes. In the Preferences, tell iTunes to burn an Audio CD, then move your file(s) into a new playlist, activate this playlist and you will see a new button in the down/right edge which should start the burning process.

Christian

Christian:

thanks for the suggestion - i tried it in iTunes and the burn failed due to a medium write error...a new error message for me so I will have to play around with it to figure out what it means.

I don't think that there is a DRM issue with the audiobook files - these are all ones that I have downloaded over the past 4 years or so from Audible.com and have not had a problem with DRM (other than the restriction that you cannot burn the book file more than once). The file I am attempting to burn has never been burned before, so DRM should not be an issue.

I can't be the first person to use Toast to burn audio books from iTunes, so I hope that it is something silly / stupid that is preventing me from doing it.

Sean

===========

When I try to follow your instructions, it seems to work: I take any file from the iTunes main window and drag it into a Toast 8 Window. Toast is set tu burn an audio CD, and it recognizes the length and the name of the file.

Is it possible that some DRM does not allow you to burn it in Toast? I myself have only music in iTunes, and all Music is from my own CDs, so there is no DRM involved here.

Try to burn the audio CD from within iTunes. In the Preferences, tell iTunes to burn an Audio CD, then move your file(s) into a new playlist, activate this playlist and you will see a new button in the down/right edge which should start the burning process.

Christian

Archived