• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer System Crashes in VideoWave or MyDVD

romyandjess

Question

Hi, I'm new here but please help.

I bought my MediaCreator version 9 nearly a year ago and have used many aspects of the software with no problems. Now I am finally finding some time to make a DVD, and I'm running into a huge problem. Any time I'm trying to edit video in either VideoWave or MyDVD, my computer will suddenly just go black and restart itself, with no warning. I don't have to be doing anything specific to cause this to happen... but I usually can't use the program for more than just a few minutes before my computer shuts down. Let me know if you need more info to help, but I surely do need help. I am very frustrated and almost wish I could just throw this software out the window -- I can use my basic Windows MovieMaker with less trouble than this! Argh!

2 answers to this question

WOW, I THINK I'VE SOLVED THE PROBLEM! it's amazing how helpful your computer's "help and support" function can actually be! after much searching for information about my video driver, i found where to locate it and how to update it, and that seems to have solved the problem. so thanks for mentioning my video card... that's what got me to looking.

Hi, I'm new here but please help.

I bought my MediaCreator version 9 nearly a year ago and have used many aspects of the software with no problems. Now I am finally finding some time to make a DVD, and I'm running into a huge problem. Any time I'm trying to edit video in either VideoWave or MyDVD, my computer will suddenly just go black and restart itself, with no warning. I don't have to be doing anything specific to cause this to happen... but I usually can't use the program for more than just a few minutes before my computer shuts down. Let me know if you need more info to help, but I surely do need help. I am very frustrated and almost wish I could just throw this software out the window -- I can use my basic Windows MovieMaker with less trouble than this! Argh!

For a start it would help if you were to list your system specs, especially video card. It almost seems that your computer is shutting down because of overheating. Are there any messages at all?

Then some information about the video you are using would be helpful. Exactly at what point does it shut down?

Archived