• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd wont play on dvd player

crue

Question

Hi Im returning after a long break, I have upgraded from the platinum 5 version!, I am trying to burn a DVD that will play on my panisonic DVD player, I am burning a film I have downloaded from my hard drive, I have tried a data disc and also the disc copier version when I use disc copier I it hangs for hours at 97%, I have aso had the error message 0x80004005, either way I try to burn the disc it will not play on my DVD player, However they will play on my P.c. can anybody advise me as to how to create a DVD that will play on my panisonic DVD player. Thank You

5 answers to this question

In what format is the movie you are trying to burn to a DVD? How did you create the movie? You cannot create a data disc and expect to play it ona DVD player. You have to use myDVD to burn a DVD disc or first create a image (iso) file using myDVD and then use DiscCopier. I don't understand what you mean by "I am burning a film I have downloaded from my hard drive": downloaded to where?

Please give some more information especially your system specs, especially video card.

Hi sorry for the lack of information

I have the following formats of movie that am trying to burn onto a disc they are DivX and Xvid

the movies have been downloaded, so I am trying to save them from my hard drive to a dvd

my system specs are

Packard Bell IMedia MC 2770

intel core 2 cpu 6400 @2.13Ghz

2Gb Ram

windows XP Media Edition service pack 2

Philips Dvd Writer 8801

Radeon X1600 Card

The discs I am trying to use are Verbatim 16x DVD-R 120min

Many thanks

Hi sorry for the lack of information

I have the following formats of movie that am trying to burn onto a disc they are DivX and Xvid

the movies have been downloaded, so I am trying to save them from my hard drive to a dvd

my system specs are

Packard Bell IMedia MC 2770

intel core 2 cpu 6400 @2.13Ghz

2Gb Ram

windows XP Media Edition service pack 2

Philips Dvd Writer 8801

Radeon X1600 Card

The discs I am trying to use are Verbatim 16x DVD-R 120min

Many thanks

Did you try the suggestions in post #2.

Did you try the suggestions in post #2.

I have tried using mydvd and I get as far as 97% and then my system hangs and crashes

when i have used disc copier I get an error message 0x80004005

I have not created an iso file yet, I will have to look up how do do this in the manual

Hi Im returning after a long break, I have upgraded from the platinum 5 version!, I am trying to burn a DVD that will play on my panisonic DVD player, I am burning a film I have downloaded from my hard drive, I have tried a data disc and also the disc copier version when I use disc copier I it hangs for hours at 97%, I have aso had the error message 0x80004005, either way I try to burn the disc it will not play on my DVD player, However they will play on my P.c. can anybody advise me as to how to create a DVD that will play on my panisonic DVD player. Thank You

In what format is the movie you are trying to burn to a DVD? How did you create the movie? You cannot create a data disc and expect to play it ona DVD player. You have to use myDVD to burn a DVD disc or first create a image (iso) file using myDVD and then use DiscCopier. I don't understand what you mean by "I am burning a film I have downloaded from my hard drive": downloaded to where?

Please give some more information especially your system specs, especially video card.

I have tried using mydvd and I get as far as 97% and then my system hangs and crashes

when i have used disc copier I get an error message 0x80004005

I have not created an iso file yet, I will have to look up how do do this in the manual

In MyDVD, after you click on Burn, uncheck the box where you burn to a DVD, and check the box where you burn to an image file.

Give the image file a name and destination folder where you want to save it. After it is done encoding, open Disc Copier, browse to where that file is (in dropdown box by Source), and burn it to a DVD.

Archived