• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstall Backup MyPC

ricorocks

Question

Hi Guys,

EM8 is working fine, & I use an imaging program for backups, can I uninstall 'Backup MYPC', & still have the rest of EM8 functional <no errors>. One knowledge base article said it's a must for the program. Another article talks about a clean install of Backup Mypc.

Thanks

Ricorocks

5 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

From Clean Install Instructions for Backup MyPC:

1. uninstall from add/remove

2. delete folder from c:\program files\Sonic\backup mypc

3. Regedit: hkey_current-user\software\sonic\r-click backup mypc <delete>

hkey_local_Machine\softyware\sonic\r-click backup mypc <delete>

4. Restart PC

5. Re-install BUMP

From the knowledge-base I found the above, I also found another article stating this BUMO is a must (must referring to EMC 7.5). The above is easy enough, but I don't want to re-install EMC8, should BUMP actually be critical.

Why do you want to uninstall it? It doesn't take up much space.
It's not necessary, I have a better program to deal with backup/restore operations/

Should I do the above to step 4, then have EMC8 not act correctly due to BUMP's absence, then re-install becomes a problem as this cannot be an 'only' selection.

In this case (should BUMP need to be re-installed) does EMC8 have a 'repair' option, where just the installed portions are overwritten, which would install BUMP?

Thanks

Ricorocks

Hi Guys,

4. Restart PC

5. Re-install BUMP

From the knowledge-base I found the above, I also found another article stating this BUMO is a must (must referring to EMC 7.5). The above is easy enough, but I don't want to re-install EMC8, should BUMP actually be critical.

It's not necessary, I have a better program to deal with backup/restore operations/

Should I do the above to step 4, then have EMC8 not act correctly due to BUMP's absence, then re-install becomes a problem as this cannot be an 'only' selection.

In this case (should BUMP need to be re-installed) does EMC8 have a 'repair' option, where just the installed portions are overwritten, which would install BUMP?

Thanks

Ricorocks

If EMC 8 is working, leave it alone.

Hi Guys,

4. Restart PC

5. Re-install BUMP

Thanks

Ricorocks

Yes the instructions you saw will work IF it was a standalone install of BUMP. Not what was installed with EMC8. If there is a listing under add/remove, it will be the first I have seen with EMC8.

No BUMP is not required for EMC8.

Repair would be a reinstall of EMC8.

Hi Guys,

EM8 is working fine, & I use an imaging program for backups, can I uninstall 'Backup MYPC', & still have the rest of EM8 functional <no errors>. One knowledge base article said it's a must for the program. Another article talks about a clean install of Backup Mypc.

Thanks

Ricorocks

Why do you want to uninstall it? It doesn't take up much space.

Yes you can uninstall it, but you are not going to like how. It is probably best just to leave it, you may even want to use it.

To do an uninstall of BUMP for EMC8, you have first create an install CD that has everything for EMC8 except the BUMP install directory. Then uninstall all of EMC8. Following that, use the newly create install disk to reinstall EMC8 minus BUMP.

Only way I know to do it as there are no options to not install BUMP or to uninstall it after installation.

Archived