driver problem ECDC 4.x

misscj

installed a old program easy CD creator 4.02 on my pewter and when i turn on my pewter a error message comes up -- A CD-recording driver is installed that might cause stability problems, including problems shutting down and problems using a CD/DVD drive. This driver will be disabled could someone please help me

Patrick, one of the Roxio people, has written a brute-force uninstaller which removes almost all the detritus which is left behind when you uninstall the earlier Adaptec and Roxio programs. It's called Roxizap, and you can download it here.

As long as you're not running other Roxio software (because it will be removed) running Roxizap should clean out any Adaptec/Roxio drivers left behind by versions 4 or 5. Sometimes two runs are needed if running drivers have their files locked by Windows. Roxizap works very quickly, so two runs should be over in a flash.

After running that you should then be able to install your Creator LE without interference from earlier remnants.

Regards,

Brendon

Okay, time for a Search & Destroy mission.

Go hunt for these files, and rename any that you find from filename.VXD to filename.BAK. From memory you're likely to find two of them, but it has been so long I don't remember which ones. They're all VXDs.

cdr4vsd.vxd

cdrpwd.vxd

cdudf.vxd

cdudfrw.vxd

udfreadr.vxd

Renaming them will be as good as removing them, but if you later find you need one you can always rename it back again.

Regards,

Brendon

Go hunt for these files, and rename any that you find from filename.VXD to filename.BAK. From memory you're likely to find two of them, but it has been so long I don't remember which ones. They're all VXDs.

cdr4vsd.vxd

cdrpwd.vxd

cdudf.vxd

cdudfrw.vxd

udfreadr.vxd

Renaming them will be as good as removing them, but if you later find you need one you can always rename it back again.

Regards,

Brendon

cdr4vsd.vxd

cdrpwd.vxd

cdudf.vxd

cdudfrw.vxd

udfreadr.vxd

Regards,

Brendon

I have the same problem with vista. If you don't delete the reference to the driver in the registry, the message will still keep haunting you. I'm waiting for a response from Roxio before I modify the registry.

I'll let you know because we are not the only ones having this problem.

I have the same problem with vista. If you don't delete the reference to the driver in the registry, the message will still keep haunting you. I'm waiting for a response from Roxio before I modify the registry.

I'll let you know because we are not the only ones having this problem.

Roxio discontinued support for ECDC 4 in 2002, and ECDC 5 in 2003. They are now on Version 10.

You need a newer program - assuming the built-in burning in WinXP (and in Vista) isn't enough for your needs. ECDC 4 was pretty basic, so the built-in burning may be quite adequate.

Lynn

Archived