• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Transfer Just Fluff...

Dr. Z.

Question

Hello,

I purchased Toast 8 primarily for the Tivo access features with my Tivo Series 3 DVR. I even called Roxio ahead of time to confirm that Toast 8 and the Tivo features were functional with Mac OS X 10.5.1, where I was then told enthusiastically that they were working with the latest update. HA, big surprise, but this is a flashback of my ex-wife; beautiful looks, but mostly unfulfilled promises. Here is the story...

The installation/registration went without a hitch. I immediately updated to version 8.0.3. The Tivo Transfer module was able to access my Tivo Series 3 and I tried to transfer several (unprotected) programs. This is where everything got buggy. It often took 3-4 tries to get a program transfer simply started. Even then, not one of the programs has ever gotten past the "waiting" phase in several hours. No help with a Tivo reset, my Intel-Mac restart, or any of the other standard software troubleshooting steps. I even installed Toast 8.0.3 on another Intel-Mac (with Mac OS X 10.5.1) and the exact same problems. I have sent in a support request, but not holding my breath, as I have not been impressed with their customer support from past experience.

Hey, Roxio! You have 29 more days to help me correct this issue before I request a full refund under your guarantee policy. I would love for you to keep my money, but you have to earn it with the software functionality that you promised.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),

Dr. Z.

2 answers to this question

have you tried to reset your TiVo after the installation of Toast 8?

Yes, I have also opened a help ticket and they keep responding with sheer and uter idiotic suggestions, such as update to Toast 8.0.3 (which is what caused the problem), open an account on your computer (done and redid it just to be sure), etc. Their old version of Toast 8 worked fine, but the new one simply always says "waiting" and never does the transfer.

Hello,

I purchased Toast 8 primarily for the Tivo access features with my Tivo Series 3 DVR. I even called Roxio ahead of time to confirm that Toast 8 and the Tivo features were functional with Mac OS X 10.5.1, where I was then told enthusiastically that they were working with the latest update. HA, big surprise, but this is a flashback of my ex-wife; beautiful looks, but mostly unfulfilled promises. Here is the story...

The installation/registration went without a hitch. I immediately updated to version 8.0.3. The Tivo Transfer module was able to access my Tivo Series 3 and I tried to transfer several (unprotected) programs. This is where everything got buggy. It often took 3-4 tries to get a program transfer simply started. Even then, not one of the programs has ever gotten past the "waiting" phase in several hours. No help with a Tivo reset, my Intel-Mac restart, or any of the other standard software troubleshooting steps. I even installed Toast 8.0.3 on another Intel-Mac (with Mac OS X 10.5.1) and the exact same problems. I have sent in a support request, but not holding my breath, as I have not been impressed with their customer support from past experience.

Hey, Roxio! You have 29 more days to help me correct this issue before I request a full refund under your guarantee policy. I would love for you to keep my money, but you have to earn it with the software functionality that you promised.

“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),

Dr. Z.

Were you ever able to get a helpful response on how to fix the "waiting" problem? It will not ever progress past this stage for me.

Archived