• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

roxio has taken over my jpeg files

photobob

:(:angry2: Help! I had been using Roxio as my primary cd burning software. I built a new computer & roxio 5 wouldnt install. So I got Media Now cd burn software and installed. I left a roxio CD label maker on new system because it came up and it seemed to still work well for creating cd labels. Then when I went to start burning my photo files on to new cd/dvd's . When I did they all got burned in roxio photosuite file with a j file extension not the jpeg file I originally had. And it would only open in roxio photosuite not in adobe photo shop. I was able to copy a file to open it up with jpeg extention . but now I cant re do that operation and cannot do anything with these photo files except open them up in roxio photosuite. I went in and changed the settings so the jpeg files now get burned and are opened in jpeg . I can work with the changes now but what about the files that were already converted?can any one help me with this problem? I just want to be able to convert these j files, that only will open in roxio photosuite, back to jpeg files so I can work with the files. I dont understand how I could copy 1 set of j file photos images into a new file and convert them to jpeg and now I cannot duplicate this process again. Please! can any one help me other wise I stand to have lost several jobs that cannot be redone.

Please understand that I do not own PhotoSuite 5. Have you tried just chaning the .j extension back to .jpg? According to what I found on a web search, the .j extension is a jpeg format so maybe this will work ... worth a try.

How do you change it? I tryed going into folder properties and couldnt do it that way. the strange thing is I can view photos in Roxio but not in any other program. I dont know how it happened in the beginning either. It must have taken place when I was trying to install Roxio the first time and all its components weren't cleaned out?

Any other ideas? Thank you

How do you change it? I tryed going into folder properties and couldnt do it that way. the strange thing is I can view photos in Roxio but not in any other program. I dont know how it happened in the beginning either. It must have taken place when I was trying to install Roxio the first time and all its components weren't cleaned out?

Any other ideas? Thank you

I can not open the file in any program that allows me to rename file or extension?

You don't have to open the file.

Navigate to the file with Windows Explorer, highlight it, and then press F2.

Type in the new name/extension, and press Enter.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks I tryed that too. When I try to open the file in photo shop it says " cannot complete your request because it is not the right kind of document? any one have any other suggestions Please?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks I tryed that too. When I try to open the file in photo shop it says " cannot complete your request because it is not the right kind of document? any one have any other suggestions Please?

You said you got a new computer. What operating system is on that computer, WinXP or Vista?

Archived