• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

RoxioEMCSuitev9.1Updater_1Z26QZS0RU3.exe will not load

Julian Porter

Question

Having only recently loaded Roxio 9 suite onto my PC (running on XP), I have had a few problems and therefore went to the Roxio site for upgrades to see if I could get rid of said problems. I downloaded RoxioEMCSuitev9.1Updater_1Z26QZS0RU3.exe and when I opened it, it said that it could not find a compatible Roxio product. Why the hell not and how can I overcome this. Quite clearly I do have Roxio 9 in my Program files, so why can't it find it.

Depressed,

Julian :angry2:

8 answers to this question

Having only recently loaded Roxio 9 suite onto my PC (running on XP), I have had a few problems and therefore went to the Roxio site for upgrades to see if I could get rid of said problems. I downloaded RoxioEMCSuitev9.1Updater_1Z26QZS0RU3.exe and when I opened it, it said that it could not find a compatible Roxio product. Why the hell not and how can I overcome this. Quite clearly I do have Roxio 9 in my Program files, so why can't it find it.

Depressed,

This is from the 1st line of the update "This Easy Media Creator 9.1 update does not offer any new features except for Windows Vista Certification." so it wouldn't have "fixed" anything anyway.

Depressed,

First the 9.1 Update is only for Vista compatibility and will do you absolutely no good whatsoever!

It would appear that you do not have an actual Boxed Retail version of ECD9 but rather an OEM version… The update will not work with any Non-Retail version.

First the 9.1 Update is only for Vista compatibility and will do you absolutely no good whatsoever!

It would appear that you do not have an actual Boxed Retail version of ECD9 but rather an OEM version… The update will not work with any Non-Retail version.

James, I do have a boxed retail version and have registered it. Anyhow, it seems that in fact this would not correct the errors I have, one being that when I click on the Roxio Icon, up comes the picture in the centre of the screen, but it can take as much as 15 minutes to bring up the menu. Secondly, once I've tranferered files to a DVD via Drag to Disk, when I eject the disk, and ask it to make the disk available for all computers, it comes up with the error "Failed to prepare media for CR-Rom or DVD-Rom compatability" So basically I can't make any CD's or DVD's to send to anyone else as they won't be able to read them. Which makes the whole software package pretty useless.

James, I do have a boxed retail version and have registered it. Anyhow, it seems that in fact this would not correct the errors I have, one being that when I click on the Roxio Icon, up comes the picture in the centre of the screen, but it can take as much as 15 minutes to bring up the menu. Secondly, once I've tranferered files to a DVD via Drag to Disk, when I eject the disk, and ask it to make the disk available for all computers, it comes up with the error "Failed to prepare media for CR-Rom or DVD-Rom compatability" So basically I can't make any CD's or DVD's to send to anyone else as they won't be able to read them. Which makes the whole software package pretty useless.

Drag-to-disc is the last thing you should be using to create a data DVD and be certain that it can be read on other computers. You should be using Creator Classic to create you data discs.

If it takes 15 minutes for the Home page to come up, there is something wrong with your system or setup

Julian, if you do in fact, have a retail version, and the 9.1 update doesn't recognize that you have the software installed, I can think of only a couple of reasons why it doesn't.

1. You are already updated to version 9.1.

2. Your 9.0 install has been corrupted to a point that the patch can't see it.

Depressed,

Julian, if you do in fact, have a retail version, and the 9.1 update doesn't recognize that you have the software installed, I can think of only a couple of reasons why it doesn't.

1. You are already updated to version 9.1.

2. Your 9.0 install has been corrupted to a point that the patch can't see it.

Or, you have have the EMC 9 Deluxe Suite and downloaded the wrong update.

Archived