• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What happened to my Media Creator 9 Suite in Vista?

savage_3l3m3n7

Question

Hey Everyone! Please HELP! I just got a new Blackberry Curve 8320 Cellular phone that came with a multimedia software to allow me to convert and transfer songs and movies to my phone. Along the software installation process, it detected my existing Roxio Media Creator 9 and a message popped up saying to click "yes" to continue and that it would update the Media Creator 9 to the latest one, in order for me to convert and transfer files. Before I proceed to do so, I called both T-Mobile and even Roxio's technical service and they both said that the software won't necessarily update, but "add on" additional requirements in order to convert and transfer music and videos properly. Since I got the "ok" from both Technical Service Reps, I proceeded with the Software Install. NOW, I can't find my Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite at all! I was trying to create a DVD project, and slideshow so I tried to click on my regular Roxio Folder and nothing appeared!

Please help me retrieve it! My laptop is brand new and I didn't even get the chance to create a back-up, or restore point! What can I do?!?!?!?!

7 answers to this question

Hey Everyone! Please HELP! I just got a new Blackberry Curve 8320 Cellular phone that came with a multimedia software to allow me to convert and transfer songs and movies to my phone. Along the software installation process, it detected my existing Roxio Media Creator 9 and a message popped up saying to click "yes" to continue and that it would update the Media Creator 9 to the latest one, in order for me to convert and transfer files. Before I proceed to do so, I called both T-Mobile and even Roxio's technical service and they both said that the software won't necessarily update, but "add on" additional requirements in order to convert and transfer music and videos properly. Since I got the "ok" from both Technical Service Reps, I proceeded with the Software Install. NOW, I can't find my Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite at all! I was trying to create a DVD project, and slideshow so I tried to click on my regular Roxio Folder and nothing appeared!

Please help me retrieve it! My laptop is brand new and I didn't even get the chance to create a back-up, or restore point! What can I do?!?!?!?!

I'm having the exact same problem. Since I installed my Blackberry software, my Roxio suite has vanished. It still appears to be on the hard drive under Program Files, but I can't run it from my start button any more. Can anyone help please?

I'm having the exact same problem. Since I installed my Blackberry software, my Roxio suite has vanished. It still appears to be on the hard drive under Program Files, but I can't run it from my start button any more. Can anyone help please?

Contact Blackberry, its their program that caused your Roxio to malfunction.

Type in Blackberry in the Search box, upper right part of your screen.

Hey grandpabruce, thank for the reply. I searched under Blackberry and read the thread, but I didn't see any recommendations on retrieving my original Roxio 9 Suite. I may have overlooked it somehow. I did see a message stating that Roxio should come out with a patch fix for this, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Hey grandpabruce, thank for the reply. I searched under Blackberry and read the thread, but I didn't see any recommendations on retrieving my original Roxio 9 Suite. I may have overlooked it somehow. I did see a message stating that Roxio should come out with a patch fix for this, but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

Go here http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...lite=Blackberry

Sorry I didn't make this clear: The Blackberry phone comes with a version of Roxio! But it's a version tailor-made for the Blackberry. It's a subset of the Easy Media Creator suite.

So, the software that messed up my Roxio is ... Roxio!

Are the two versions not able to co-exist on one machine? If that's true, then I will have to migrate to another app suite to burn CDs and DVDs; I'm hoping this is not the case.

Sorry I didn't make this clear: The Blackberry phone comes with a version of Roxio! But it's a version tailor-made for the Blackberry. It's a subset of the Easy Media Creator suite.

So, the software that messed up my Roxio is ... Roxio!

Are the two versions not able to co-exist on one machine? If that's true, then I will have to migrate to another app suite to burn CDs and DVDs; I'm hoping this is not the case.

The version of Roxio that comes with your Blackberry is THEIR oem version.

Blackberry contracted Roxio to provide them with a OEM version to meet their specific needs/requirements, and like all OEM products the support comes from the OEM provider (Blackberry in this case).

See of this helps you http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...p;hl=Blackberry

Archived