• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Crashes During Setup - Typing on Keyboard

DanielUSA

Question

All -

I just purchased and downloaded Toast 8 and moved the icon over to the Apps folder as suggested. I run the icon and start going through the setup process. As soon as I get to the screen when it asks for my Product Key and I hit a key on my keyboard, the program halts, disappears, and I get a lovely "quit unexpectedly" error. I have never installed Toast before. I have tried deleting, re-downloading, and re-installing, but it made no difference.

I reviewed the boards around here and deleted instances of any font containing Helvetica from system/library/font and library/font. They are still in my trash bin in case this was wrong. I have also unplugged all devices from the back of the computer. My keyboard is wireless, but I wouldn't assume this should make a difference.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate it.

- Daniel

1 answer to this question

Found the solution.

I also had to put back the Helvetica fonts. Thank God I did not empty my trash bin!

---FROM ANOTHER FORUM---

I moved all the *.component files out of /Library/QuickTime except AppleIntermediateCodec.component and Toast 8 was fine again. I'll now go through and work out which is the culprit....

Archived