Multiple Video Tracks

neosonic66

Question

I frequently record videos for guitar tuition. I have 2 separate videos, 1 of the acoustic parts and 1 of the electric parts to a single song. I would like to be able to swap back and forth between the 2 videos, sync'd up to the same audio track.

I know I can just splice the videos back and forth, but that makes audio-synchronization a nightmare. I'd like to place the 2 video tracks simultaneously and just select which parts of which video I'd like displayed at a given time. Is this possible with videowave 9? If not, any recommendations on splicing multiple video tracks together? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I frequently record videos for guitar tuition. I have 2 separate videos, 1 of the acoustic parts and 1 of the electric parts to a single song. I would like to be able to swap back and forth between the 2 videos, sync'd up to the same audio track.

I know I can just splice the videos back and forth, but that makes audio-synchronization a nightmare. I'd like to place the 2 video tracks simultaneously and just select which parts of which video I'd like displayed at a given time. Is this possible with videowave 9? If not, any recommendations on splicing multiple video tracks together? Thanks!

If I understand correctly, you want to have 2 videos running simultaneously and be able to switch back and forth between the two. As far as I know there is no software that is capable of creating such a video. There is also no player that can play such a video that I know of.

One easy option might be picture-in-picture, but I don't know if that is acceptable to you. But you would have both videos playing at the same time.

A more time-consuming method, and I'm not sure if it would be precise enough to do what you want, but here is what I did when I videoed concerts and needed to cut from the singer to the background singers, people dancing, and back to the band during the same song. It wasn't as precise work as guitar playing I imagine but I did need to synch to the background singers and this worked pretty well. Maybe it can help.

I made individual clips out of one of the videos and saved them, then added them as overlays to the other video. So for example, you cut up the electric video into individual video clip segments. Add the acoustic video to the main track and then add the individual clips of the electric as overlays at the points where you want it to cut to electric. Add no electric clips where you want only to show the acoustic. You could mute the audio when you first save as clips or, if you need to keep it for synching, go in and edit native audio (reduce total volume to lowest setting) after you add the clips as overlays.

One easy option might be picture-in-picture, but I don't know if that is acceptable to you. But you would have both videos playing at the same time.

A more time-consuming method, and I'm not sure if it would be precise enough to do what you want, but here is what I did when I videoed concerts and needed to cut from the singer to the background singers, people dancing, and back to the band during the same song. It wasn't as precise work as guitar playing I imagine but I did need to synch to the background singers and this worked pretty well. Maybe it can help.

I made individual clips out of one of the videos and saved them, then added them as overlays to the other video. So for example, you cut up the electric video into individual video clip segments. Add the acoustic video to the main track and then add the individual clips of the electric as overlays at the points where you want it to cut to electric. Add no electric clips where you want only to show the acoustic. You could mute the audio when you first save as clips or, if you need to keep it for synching, go in and edit native audio (reduce total volume to lowest setting) after you add the clips as overlays.

From the original post, it seems the user wants to switch back and forth between the 2 videos while they are playing. I don't think what you describe will allow him to do that. But then maybe I am misinterpreting what the OP wants to accomplish

From the original post, it seems the user wants to switch back and forth between the 2 videos while they are playing. I don't think what you describe will allow him to do that. But then maybe I am misinterpreting what the OP wants to accomplish

Thanks! It sounded a bit like what I had done and thought it might work for the OP.

oh well, ... back to the drawing board :)

Archived