• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Media Import Doesn't Work

bobbyjonesrocks

Question

6 answers to this question

Sorry! :D I am using a Panasonic pv-dv800d. Do you have any other questions?

XP or Vista?

If that is a digital camcorder that records to mini-DVD, just put the mini-DVD in the DVD drive of your computer and copy the files to your hard drive. You may have to finalize the discs.

If that is a digital camera that records to tape, you should connect the camera to your computer using a Firewire (IEEE) connection.

That DVC device is an analog to digital converter but you already have a digital signal. No, you cannot connect the camera to the computer using a USB connection. If you do so, the program thinks it is a web cam..

I am using xp and my camcorder is a mini dv, is that considered digital or analog?

From my earlier post: "That DVC device is an analog to digital converter but you already have a digital signal. "

Did you misunderstand or didn't you read that?

How about DV is short for digital video !

Spend some time with your camcorder's manual. Also Firewire, IEEE and ILink are all the same. If you still have a problem with that, search the forum; there are some good posts with pictures to show you the connections on your camcorder and on your computer.

hi,

I bought roxio media creator 9 deluxe and it came with the dazzle dv90 capture device. Whenever I try to capture video, media import always freezes up.

My computer specs are...

Windows XP home

Pentium 4 2.8 ghz

1.5 gb ram

160 gb hd

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

I don't think anybody has any idea as to what is happening since you have not given very much information about what you are doing. You have just said I want to capture using the Dazzle device and it doesn't work :blink:

From what device are you trying to capture for a start?

I am using xp and my camcorder is a mini dv, is that considered digital or analog?

It is digital, and if it records to the miniDV tapes, then you sure the heck don't want to use the Dazzle to capture. You need to connect your camcorder, to your computer, via a firewire cable.

Your video camera didn't come with the firewire cable, so you have to purchase one. Don't get a cheap one, and make sure that you get one with the right ends for your computer and camcorder. Usually they are 4 pin at the camcorder and 6 pin at the computer, but you have to check to be sure.

I don't think anybody has any idea as to what is happening since you have not given very much information about what you are doing. You have just said I want to capture using the Dazzle device and it doesn't work :blink:

From what device are you trying to capture for a start?

Sorry! :D I am using a Panasonic pv-dv800d. Do you have any other questions?

Archived