Problem burning DVD movie project to DVD+R DL disc.

Irv

Question

I have created a DVD movie project using VideoWave 8 in my Easy Media Creator 8 program. The project is 5.34 GB size and includes still images (.jpg); color panel inserts with title text; 20 small video clips (.avi); and background music (.mp3). I have been trying for three days to burn it to a DVD+R DL disc without success. Each time I try to burn it with a fresh disc using MyDVD 8, the process seems to be going OK without a problem until it is completed. At that time, the ‘Burn Project’ dialog box indicates “Overall Progress (100%); Current Task: completed (100%)” and the Encoding Preview screen shows the last panel of the movie. However, the dialog box fails to close, and the disc is not ejected. When I click ‘OK’ on the box, it closes. I then open the disc tray and remove the disc. It shows that recording has occurred for about ½ inch and then nothing. The disc will not play in the computer or on a standalone DVD player. Examining the disc’s properties in My Computer shows that it is fully used with no free space remaining, but 0 bytes.

To try and remedy the problem I have checked to assure there are no available program updates and the DVD drive is working properly. There are no more recent drivers than that which is already in use.

I also tried burning the project directly from Videowave rather than through MyDVD 8 using MyDVD Express. This, too, was unsuccessful generating an error message “error while encoding movie 80004005” even though the ‘Burn Project’ dialog box indicated that the project was completed (100%). In this case, however, there was no burn at all on the disc and it remained totally free space.

I have had many successful DVD movie projects in the past and cannot figure out what the problem is this time. I am working on my HP Media Center PC Pavilion a1250n with a 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core processor; 250 GB hard drive with 37 GB hard drive free space; 3.0 MB installed memory; and the HP DVD Writer 740b DVD/CD drive which is designed for double layer burning. I’m using new Memorex double layer DVD+R DL discs.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide to help me burn this movie project. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I have created a DVD movie project using VideoWave 8 in my Easy Media Creator 8 program. The project is 5.34 GB size and includes still images (.jpg); color panel inserts with title text; 20 small video clips (.avi); and background music (.mp3). I have been trying for three days to burn it to a DVD+R DL disc without success. Each time I try to burn it with a fresh disc using MyDVD 8, the process seems to be going OK without a problem until it is completed. At that time, the 'Burn Project' dialog box indicates "Overall Progress (100%); Current Task: completed (100%)" and the Encoding Preview screen shows the last panel of the movie. However, the dialog box fails to close, and the disc is not ejected. When I click 'OK' on the box, it closes. I then open the disc tray and remove the disc. It shows that recording has occurred for about ½ inch and then nothing. The disc will not play in the computer or on a standalone DVD player. Examining the disc's properties in My Computer shows that it is fully used with no free space remaining, but 0 bytes.

To try and remedy the problem I have checked to assure there are no available program updates and the DVD drive is working properly. There are no more recent drivers than that which is already in use.

I also tried burning the project directly from Videowave rather than through MyDVD 8 using MyDVD Express. This, too, was unsuccessful generating an error message "error while encoding movie 80004005" even though the 'Burn Project' dialog box indicated that the project was completed (100%). In this case, however, there was no burn at all on the disc and it remained totally free space.

I have had many successful DVD movie projects in the past and cannot figure out what the problem is this time. I am working on my HP Media Center PC Pavilion a1250n with a 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core processor; 250 GB hard drive with 37 GB hard drive free space; 3.0 MB installed memory; and the HP DVD Writer 740b DVD/CD drive which is designed for double layer burning. I'm using new Memorex double layer DVD+R DL discs.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide to help me burn this movie project. Thanks.

Here is one of the many threads regarding the 80004005 error. If this doesn't sound like it may help, try putting the error code in the Search at the top of this page. There are many different scenarios that may help you out. Also, I'd buy DVD from someone besides Memorex. From reading back on threads for the past year, you won't find many recommendations for their media.

Archived