• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burned Iso Not Recognized

peawie

Question

I have recently installed EMC 8 (Retail Version) and the upgrade. When I burn a digital video ISO or regular dsmd file to DVD-r media, it is not recognized by any of my DVD players. The burns completed with no error messages and will play in my computer.

I was able to do this two weeks ago with no problems using EMC 7.5 and the same DVD media. All of the digital video was captured using EMC 7.5 and the file capture type is mpg. I used VideoWave to put it together and add chapters. Am I doing something wrong?

5 answers to this question

I have recently installed EMC 8 (Retail Version) and the upgrade. When I burn a digital video ISO or regular dsmd file to DVD-r media, it is not recognized by any of my DVD players. The burns completed with no error messages and will play in my computer.

I was able to do this two weeks ago with no problems using EMC 7.5 and the same DVD media. All of the digital video was captured using EMC 7.5 and the file capture type is mpg. I used VideoWave to put it together and add chapters. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for responding so quickly.

The DVD's I used were all from the same (Verbatim Inkjet Printable 16 X) pack. I also burned one using Roxio's Premium DVD-r with the same results.

I burned several more after reading this using the following procedures:

Opened VideoWave, created a new production, clicked the output button and chose Video File. Then I clicked Render and burned to DVD.

Opened MyDVD, added a movie clip, and clicked the burn button.

Each way, the projects burned without any error messages, but wouldn’t play on my Sony or Apex AD 1200

DVD players.

I was able to play them on a Apex 2500 DVD player, but these are school projects and need to be viewed on many different DVD players. When using 7.5, if I burned them as ISO files, they would play on most DVD players.

Any ideas?

There is a better chance but still not all players will play all discs.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

The DVD's I used were all from the same (Verbatim Inkjet Printable 16 X) pack. I also burned one using Roxio's Premium DVD-r with the same results.

I burned several more after reading this using the following procedures:

Opened VideoWave, created a new production, clicked the output button and chose Video File. Then I clicked Render and burned to DVD.

Opened MyDVD, added a movie clip, and clicked the burn button.

Each way, the projects burned without any error messages, but wouldn't play on my Sony or Apex AD 1200

DVD players.

I was able to play them on a Apex 2500 DVD player, but these are school projects and need to be viewed on many different DVD players. When using 7.5, if I burned them as ISO files, they would play on most DVD players.

Any ideas?

There is a better chance but still not all players will play all discs.

If your burner is capable of burning DVD 'plus' media, you might want to try it with that media.

Normally an Apex will play anything you can close the tray on but Players can be particular about 'plus' or 'dash' media types…

A dsmd file is a set of instruction for the program and as such will not "play" on a DVD. When you say "burned" an iso file, do you really mean burned or did you copy the file to the disc using Disc Copier? Since it plays on your computer, you probably did it correctly. Did you change media lately or start using a new pack ? DVD players are somewhat finicky in what they will handle.

Archived