WHEN I burn dvds it fills up my hard drive

brAD14

Question

i bought a new computer about 2 weeks ago. it is an hp and uses windows vista and came with roxio. whenever i copy one dvd to another it stores it on my hard drive and does not delete it when it is done. i did a disc clean up and they are not stored there. there is about 60 gigs of these files hidden on my hard drive that i can't seem to get rid of or find. it is not in temporary files. my hard drive is now full because of it. i could reformat my hard drive and just not use roxio any more but i would rather not do that if i can help it

4 answers to this question

In Vista go to the search box and type *.tmp and hit search.When the list of temp files comes up see if any of the are large files.You should find them in the list.If you're copying a fairly full dvd you should find some in the 4Gb range if they're there.Just delete them when (and if) you find them.

i bought a new computer about 2 weeks ago. it is an hp and uses windows vista and came with roxio. whenever i copy one dvd to another it stores it on my hard drive and does not delete it when it is done. i did a disc clean up and they are not stored there. there is about 60 gigs of these files hidden on my hard drive that i can't seem to get rid of or find. it is not in temporary files. my hard drive is now full because of it. i could reformat my hard drive and just not use roxio any more but i would rather not do that if i can help it

Contact HP, as they supply all support for their OEM version of Roxio.

In Vista go to the search box and type *.tmp and hit search.When the list of temp files comes up see if any of the are large files.You should find them in the list.If you're copying a fairly full dvd you should find some in the 4Gb range if they're there.Just delete them when (and if) you find them.

no such luck. also when i add up all the files sizes on my hard drive they add up to about 80 gigs but the hard drive says that about 140 is full. so about 60 gigs are missing. and dont show up when i add up the files on the drive. dont know what to do. please help

The Roxio programs have their own temporary files areas, separate from the Windows ones.

Which Roxio program (name, and version number) are you using to copy these DVDs, please? I'll go do the same in mine and look to see where the cache is for you.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived