• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Saving video files as I go

tnmustang

Question

I know I've read this a thousand times in differant posts... but... As I work on my video files in Video wave, when I get ready to quit for the day, what is the best file format to use to save the files, ie, .avi, .mpeg or what? Then when I get ready to burn the files what is the best format for that, .iso????

8 answers to this question

I know I've read this a thousand times in differant posts... but... As I work on my video files in Video wave, when I get ready to quit for the day, what is the best file format to use to save the files, ie, .avi, .mpeg or what? Then when I get ready to burn the files what is the best format for that, .iso????

I believe a DV-AVI is best if you want to do serious editing. VW works faster (for me) using avi vs. mpeg.

Then when I get ready to burn the files what is the best format for that, .iso????

In MyDVD when your ready to burn and click the burn button the burn project window opens. There you uncheck burn to disc and check 'save disc image file' browse to a location on your pc to save it. Now it's ready to burn to a DVD with Disc Copier and play on a settop DVD player.

cd

My personal preference is to burn to a DVD-video folder set as I can watch it first (including menu) on the PC using PowerDVD or CinePlayer or the freeware VLC before burning to a disc.

My personal preference is to burn to a DVD-video folder set as I can watch it first (including menu) on the PC using PowerDVD or CinePlayer or the freeware VLC before burning to a disc.

guru 'malatekid', don't you know this can be done with disc image loader mounting a ISO image, then playing with "PowerDVD or CinePlayer or the freeware VLC before burning to a disc"???

Good to hear from experienced/heavy users tho....

cd

guru 'malatekid', don't you know this can be done with disc image loader mounting a ISO image, then playing with "PowerDVD or CinePlayer or the freeware VLC before burning to a disc"???

Good to hear from experienced/heavy users tho....

cd

I don't need an extra step to watch the encoded movie directly from the media players I mentioned using the DVD-video folder set. Take note of the phrase "personal preference" in my post. <_<

I don't need an extra step to watch the encoded movie directly from the media players I mentioned using the DVD-video folder set. Take note of the phrase "personal preference" in my post. <_<

Now is it a "extra step" or "personal preference"? Don't confuse the OP asking the question!

cd

Now is it a "extra step" or "personal preference"? Don't confuse the OP asking the question!

cd

Anything wrong with suggesting to burn on DVD video-folder set? You seem upset with that one. Try to stay and focus on the issue, please. Be objective. Don't take things personally. <_<

Did I mention anything against the suggestion of burning to ISO? Again stay and focus on the issue. Be objective. Don't take things personally. <_<

Extra step, you asked? You mentioned mounting an ISO , which is not a step in my suggestion. Do you mind if I count that as an "extra step" since it is not an action, or necessary, in my suggestion?

One more thing: After mounting the ISO, what folder(s) do you see there? Are they different from the DVD video folder set created using the suggestion I made above? Please let me know, I am all ears.

Fight nice, guys.

@tnmustang: You just save the file, which will be a .dmsm file. You don't need to output it as anything. You will do your burning in MyDVD, and the encoding will make it a DVD compliant movie.

On the .iso question, when you do burn in MyDVD, uncheck the Burn to a DVD, and check the box/circle to the left of the create image file. Once it is done, you burn the .iso file to a DVD using Disc Copier.

Archived