Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • 0

help! runtime error -3


LSteiger

Question

I'm using DVDit Pro 6 and have authored and burned many dvd's succesfully with my current configuration but am suddenly getting the message-- runtime error: use of invalid editor "not multi node in container" -3 --whenever I try to output my latest dvd. Any suggestions? Any recommendations for better dvd authoring software than this? thanks, Lew

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

<_<

I'm using DVDit Pro 6 and have authored and burned many dvd's succesfully with my current configuration but am suddenly getting the message-- runtime error: use of invalid editor "not multi node in container" -3 --whenever I try to output my latest dvd. Any suggestions? Any recommendations for better dvd authoring software than this? thanks, Lew

 

 

no luck yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I'm on 6.1.

 

I have made complex projects before & it's been fine. However, I did a simple project (one menu, one movie) this afternoon & it was fine, no problems. I can't afford to lose the more complex project I've created, can I clean install without loss?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed. I had to re-build my project from scratch too. After various tests on media, stills, etc, I used all the same media and it worked just fine.

 

 

Yeah, I started over too and found that my main menu still was the problem. It seemed like re-sizing it as per the directions in the DVDit Pro manual was not the way to go. I went back to the original file and just made it a 720 x 480 still and that worked fine.

 

Lew

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a first-play motion menu, then a still main menu which links to three still menus. The 1st sub-menu has two movie's, a playlist & a slide-show, the 2nd has 11 movies & a playlist and the 3rd menu has 4 movies. Each sub-menu links back to the main menu. Not too complex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a first-play motion menu, then a still main menu which links to three still menus. The 1st sub-menu has two movie's, a playlist & a slide-show, the 2nd has 11 movies & a playlist and the 3rd menu has 4 movies. Each sub-menu links back to the main menu. Not too complex.

 

 

I am using DVDit Pro 6.0 and trying to burn a project that has a first play menu with a background still linking to nine different chapter points in a single movie. It's as simple as can be and I've done projects exactly like this before with no problems. Just did an absolutely clean install of this software on a brand new computer and am getting the exact same message when attempting to write my dvd volume to disk. I started over this morning and brought the movie in first, tried writing that to a volume, no problem. Added the simple menu and hooked it up to the chapter points, no go, same error message. Does the background still format have anything to do with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you're going to have to do some experiments Neil. Here is what I suggest:

 

1) do a "save as" for your current project and create a new project with a different name

2) delete all of your menus in the new project

3) save the project again and try to burn to disc our output a volume

 

If it successfully burns, the corruption is in one of your menus. If not, it is with one of those pieces of content. may be a bit of a pain, but hopefully you can get to the bottom of the issue without too much effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been stugling through the same thing for about 5 hours here. I think I got it figured out (after much striffe). I believe it is a corrupt still image (the last thing I would have imagined with all of the other things that could go wrong). The real issue is that once you have tried to burn an image with the corrupted file it will screw up the project file, So finding the file is difficult and just deleting the file from your project wont fix it. You will have to rebuild the project without ever using it!!!

 

My bad image was a 720 x 480 PSD that I imported into the Avid and exported as a 720 x 540 Jpeg. I was using it as a menu background. Something went wrong along the way and wasted a lot of my time. Once I identified it as the problem I resized it and resaved it from photoshop and everything works fine. It was just a real drag finding it. I had to rebuild my project in reverse with a million "save as" variations to make sure that is was the problem.

 

Its a bitch but you need to rebuild your project. Do from the deepest layers (Main Titles and such ) out to the surface (First Plays and main menus) . Test it by doing a "write disc image" at every step. If it makes it to the transcode part of the build then you are in the clear, you can cancel the build. Save as, and build the next layer out. You'll find the bad file sooner or later by that message coming up. Replace the file, and go back to your previous saved step. Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...