• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating a MP3 DVD

Bsmooth

Question

I haven;t upgraded yet to any of the newer versions,but wondered If someone here could answer a question.

I'm trying to create a DVD mp3 disc,but keep having problems.The mp3's are all there,but my DVD player (toshiba) refuses to recognize the DVD.I can make MP3 CD's that play on it fine.

Can't the 7.5 version make MP3 DVD's?.

So far I'm not exactly pleased as far as having to constantly update to a newer version to get features that should habe been implemented quite awhile ago,but such is the way I suppose.

5 answers to this question

Well since my DVD player doesn't like MP3's made by Roxio 7.5,I'll have to resort to CD's.But here's my next question. I can get my playlist for CD's,and I get the playlist option that lets me change the order of them on my CD,or at least that what I thought. For when I actually play the CD the songs don't play on my DVD player in the order on my playlist,but in alphabetical order instead.

Is there a way to actually get them to play in the order I want them to?

You can copy MP3's to a DVD as a data DVD. I don't know of any DVD player that will play it though, because to do so, the DVD has to be burned as a "movie DVD", so to speak.

EMC 7.5 came out in late 2004 or early 2005, I believe. This is a users forum. If you have a problem with it not including a Music Disc Creator format for DVD's, tell it directly to Roxio. Maybe they should have included it 5 years ago. :blink::blink:

By the way I actually did send Roxio a list of things that would have been nice to have in future versions.Its too bad they actually have to count on us for ways to improve there products so they can in turn charge us more money. I guess thats what they call planned obsolescence.

Sounds like your player doesn't read the list, and defaults to alphanumeric.

That means you need to override the alpha with numeric, i.e.:

01trackname.mp3

02trackname.mp3

03trackname.mp3

10trackname.mp3

etc.

If you have over 100 tracks (and the cutoff isn't 99 files on a disc), you need 3 digits rather than 2. You need to use 01 rathr than just plain 1 or it will go from 1 to 10, 11, 12, etc before getting to 2.

Computers read it exactly as they see it, very literally.

Lyn

I don't think that was offered until version 8. While technically there is still no such thing as a Music DVD, many Players will play mp3 files on a DVD.

Likewise many Players will not…

The version you have (7.5) has been out of production for 2 years and support for it was discontinued some time ago…

It won't work on Vista and will be totally disabled if you update to IE7 or WMP11.

You are 3 full versions behind times and living on the edge of compatibility…

I haven;t upgraded yet to any of the newer versions,but wondered If someone here could answer a question.

I'm trying to create a DVD mp3 disc,but keep having problems.The mp3's are all there,but my DVD player (toshiba) refuses to recognize the DVD.I can make MP3 CD's that play on it fine.

So far I'm not exactly pleased as far as having to constantly update to a newer version to get features that should habe been implemented quite awhile ago,but such is the way I suppose.

You can copy MP3's to a DVD as a data DVD. I don't know of any DVD player that will play it though, because to do so, the DVD has to be burned as a "movie DVD", so to speak.

EMC 7.5 came out in late 2004 or early 2005, I believe. This is a users forum. If you have a problem with it not including a Music Disc Creator format for DVD's, tell it directly to Roxio. Maybe they should have included it 5 years ago. :blink::blink:

Hi Bsmooth,

post-208-1195514044.jpg

As you can see, EMC 7.5 makes a very nice MP3 DVD but your Toshiba player might not like it. It's a matter of the player's firmware, and if Toshiba haven't included that then you're out of luck.

Most newish DivX certified DVD players will play a data DVD full of MP3s, and even my old Philips DVP640 is playing a DVD+RW with 1925 MP3s on it as I type. (108 hrs, 40 minutes, and it's not full) [it won't play rap music, though :) ]

If you want to play MP3s on the DVD player you have two choices:

1) get a later version of EMC which makes music DVDs in DVD-video (VOB + IFO) format. They will play in any DVD player which will play burned DVDs, but I don't know if you'll get 100+ hours of music on one.

2) get a DivX certified player which will play data DVDs full of MP3 files. My newer player is an el-cheapo thing. It cost $25, plays everything, and even has a USB 2.0 port for a pendrive or external HD.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived