• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

From 7.5 To 8.0

pjonso

Question

7 answers to this question

Some things can't be made backward compatible as they were re-engineered. It sounds like you used some of the overlays, effects (like pan & zoom maybe) or other content in your project in 7.5. So it might have opened in 8 if those effects/content files from 7.5 were still on your pc. Remember, a project only contains the information (notes) about the editing you are wanting done, like paths to where everything is. and as mentioned, some functions, like pan & zoom are written differently in v8.

Thanks for reply

It could be that you used some transitions, effects or overlays that are not included in v8.

Well, do I have to reinstall 7.5 in order to edit the project saved by 7.5. Seems as though 8.0 should be able to handle it.

:) Thanks, I would think that Roxio would have make 8.0 backward compatible to handle projects saved by a prior version. Thanks for the reply.

Me too, but only a few of mine will work properly in version 8. I kept 7.5 on my computer, so I finished them up there. New ones can be done in 8 with no problem.

:) Thanks, I would think that Roxio would have make 8.0 backward compatible to handle projects saved by a prior version. Thanks for the reply.

Some things can't be made backward compatible as they were re-engineered. It sounds like you used some of the overlays, effects (like pan & zoom maybe) or other content in your project in 7.5. So it might have opened in 8 if those effects/content files from 7.5 were still on your pc. Remember, a project only contains the information (notes) about the editing you are wanting done, like paths to where everything is. and as mentioned, some functions, like pan & zoom are written differently in v8.

Archived