• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding problems with Version 7.5 EMC

apcipriano

Question

I have been using Verision 7.5 for some time now with pretty good results, This weekend, I produced a video which is 46 minutes in lengh and will not play. When I went to the Disc Copier program, I found the image file but if you burn it to a dvd, the message "transcode and burn progress" window pops up.

You see the video being displayed in real time in segments as the burn progresses and a timer is displayed as to the number of minutes left. I have never seen this particular window before. Suffice to say, the dvd still won't play and I'm frustrated over the fact that (1) the work took hours to complete and (2) the copy process is an entirely different format together with a mysterious message to boot! Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I'm encoding from two external Maxtor harddrives to a Gateway laptop, 1.4 gighz with

1.5 gig memory. Thanks!

Anthony

11 answers to this question

James...first off, I'm using IE version 6, not 7. I had a problem with EMC 7 after installing Explorer 7 and took your previous advice and uninstalled that! No problems thereafter until now. Though I'm using a weaker processor, nonetheless, I've been able to burn videos via EMC 7 with no trouble. The latest project, the subject here, is a different matter. Throughout the editing process, I was constantly getting freezes moving clips around and when putting audio tracks in. This required my closing out Videowave and then opening it up. The edit was a nightmare process as a result. In DVD Builder, upon hitting the "burn" button, the control screen to burn wouldn't immediately come up and you could hear the external harddrives (3 of them) grinding). Finally the burn controls came up and I was able to select "burn." Upon complettion, I went to DVD copier and found the ISO file I had completed. However, when I selected it and then hit "burn" this

entirely different window pops up with a little viewing screen on the top right hand side which displays a slowly evolving video. The process took 20 minutes which is way off the time it usually takes to burn a copy.

Something about "transcode progress" comes up in this window and the end result is a dvd that won't play on a dvd player. In fact, in the "menu" mode, a soundtrack from an entirely different video I produced comes up. Nonetheless, the video is "trash" now in a player. Curiously though, you can see the video playing out on the screen entitled "Select File or Folder" and it looks fine. Because the project takes up

3425.7 mb of disc space out of a 4.7 gig disc (Sony DVD-R), I'm considering going back in and "lopping off"

some video) maybe that's the problem? The playing time is 46 minutes.

Thanks for your kind interest and the above reply.

Anthony

Anthony,

after uninstalling IE 7 did you do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your EMC version 7.5? If not that may be the problem with the software.

cd

No....but that all happened a year ago (the uninstalling of IE 7 and I didn't experience problems like the current one. I'll try unistalling version 7.0 (actually 7.5) and see i a reinstall clears up the problem.

Thanks.

Anthony

Your PC is slightly below spec, 1.5ghz being the minimum… The time it takes is dependant on CPU speed and little else. If you had a 3.0ghz, it would take 1/2 as long.

Does the DVD play in your PC?

You say Disc Copier put it into an entirely different format???

What format was it in?

What format is it in now?

You don't have IE7 or WMP11 installed on your PC do you?

One additional thing to look for. If you have Windows Media Player 11 on your computer, that will also kill EMC 7 and EMC 7.5.

You will need to roll back to WMP 10 or 9.

I have version 10 running. Thanks

Anthony

As cd points out, you have to reinstall after removing IE7…

You need to empty your Proxy folder as it is confusing Builder. This thread will cover that.

I think all will be OK once you do that.

A 4.7gb DVD will hold an hour of video so even with music and transitions added, it should still fit.

Hi. I went to the thread on removing the Proxy folder stuff but I can't find it on my computer.

I used the same path as on the previous thread but I can't find it under Administrator.

Hi. I went to the thread on removing the Proxy folder stuff but I can't find it on my computer.

I used the same path as on the previous thread but I can't find it under Administrator.

I think that it's a hidden folder (can't check because I'm not in Windoze at the moment). You'll have to enable "view hidden folders" in your folder preferences to see it.

Your PC is slightly below spec, 1.5ghz being the minimum… The time it takes is dependant on CPU speed and little else. If you had a 3.0ghz, it would take 1/2 as long.

Does the DVD play in your PC?

You say Disc Copier put it into an entirely different format???

What format was it in?

What format is it in now?

You don't have IE7 or WMP11 installed on your PC do you?

James...first off, I'm using IE version 6, not 7. I had a problem with EMC 7 after installing Explorer 7 and took your previous advice and uninstalled that! No problems thereafter until now. Though I'm using a weaker processor, nonetheless, I've been able to burn videos via EMC 7 with no trouble. The latest project, the subject here, is a different matter. Throughout the editing process, I was constantly getting freezes moving clips around and when putting audio tracks in. This required my closing out Videowave and then opening it up. The edit was a nightmare process as a result. In DVD Builder, upon hitting the "burn" button, the control screen to burn wouldn't immediately come up and you could hear the external harddrives (3 of them) grinding). Finally the burn controls came up and I was able to select "burn." Upon complettion, I went to DVD copier and found the ISO file I had completed. However, when I selected it and then hit "burn" this

entirely different window pops up with a little viewing screen on the top right hand side which displays a slowly evolving video. The process took 20 minutes which is way off the time it usually takes to burn a copy.

Something about "transcode progress" comes up in this window and the end result is a dvd that won't play on a dvd player. In fact, in the "menu" mode, a soundtrack from an entirely different video I produced comes up. Nonetheless, the video is "trash" now in a player. Curiously though, you can see the video playing out on the screen entitled "Select File or Folder" and it looks fine. Because the project takes up

3425.7 mb of disc space out of a 4.7 gig disc (Sony DVD-R), I'm considering going back in and "lopping off"

some video) maybe that's the problem? The playing time is 46 minutes.

Thanks for your kind interest and the above reply.

Anthony

I haven't done any video editing in a while but I remember the transcoding issue popping up when the files to be saved to ISO exceeded 4.7GB. The transcoding was needed to make it fit on a disk. However, since you have already created the ISO that's probably not the problem.

Archived