• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

HELP! Staggered playback

Outdated Mac User

Question

Can anyone help me? I just bought Toast 8 to burn a 90 minute program created in Final Cut Pro. I saved the program as a Final Cut Pro Self Contained Movie (18 GB in size). Then I dragged into Toast 8, chose automatic encoding with 'best quality' selected. Then I selected 1 button for the menu and let it burn.

The result: every 2.5 seconds, the frame 'jumps' from one place to another. It is as if the machine held the image in its place 1 frame beyond its duration, then let it snap to its position two frames later. This snapping effect doesn't appear in the FCP Self Contained movie, just after applying Toast. This happens consistently thoughout the DVD from beginning to end.

What could I be doing wrong? I had about 13 GB of spare hard drive memory when I burned this. I use a G4, with OS 10.4, some of the original files are on the tower and others are on an external HD connected via firewire. There is not a problem with my burner because I am able to burn data and audio CDs all the time.

Can anyone help me?

2 answers to this question

I would try upgrading to Toast 8.0.3, since this is a known issue in all earlier versions of Toast 8 (skipping or jerky video issue). If you try that, it should resolve the issue. I assume you were playing the DVD in a regular DVD player instead of your Mac? It will not show up in some DVD players but will in others.

Thanks, Atlantic. I just got a message from Roxio Customer Support telling me to upgrade to 8.0.3, so I am going to try this and then get back to this forum. And yes, it was not happening on my Mac, only on an external DVD player.

I would try upgrading to Toast 8.0.3, since this is a known issue in all earlier versions of Toast 8 (skipping or jerky video issue). If you try that, it should resolve the issue. I assume you were playing the DVD in a regular DVD player instead of your Mac? It will not show up in some DVD players but will in others.

Archived