Encoding/burning Settings

michael_wong2

Question

Hi.

For those of you who encode quicktime movies then burn them onto dvd in toast 7 on a mac, what's your system profile?

os

quicktime

burner model

I'm having problems when I encode a quicktime movie and burn to dvd, the discs appear to work when they're in my powerbook, but once I try them on any other standalone player they just spin and eject.

The problem has nothing to do with the brand or model dvd I use, I've narrowed it down to qt or tiger or a combination of the two which are giving me problems.

Mike

8 answers to this question

Are you burning them as a DVD from Toast?

Yes. I also tried creating disk images first then burning them with disk utility but that doesn't work either. So I'm thinking it has something to do with the encoding process.

I don't get any hang ups during the encoding, the whole process appears to run smooth except the final product is an unreadable video dvd.

Mike

If they work in the Mac and not the settop player, it is a media compatibility problem. Try different media, and burn at a slower speed.

Thanks, but I tried different media and burn speeds as well. I called roxio and they've told me nothing. Worst comes to worst, I'm going to partition my drive but that would be a huge waste just to make one program work (the other programs I rely on require Tiger).

What brand and type of media have you tried. Also, what DVD Player.

I've tried Maxell DVD-R (the same one that I've been using for over a year with Panther), TDK DVD-R, Sony DVD-R, Sony DVD+R. The DVD players I've tried are Philips DVD 771, Pioneer DVJ-100x, Playstation 2.

The burner on my powerbook is matshita uj-825s.

I've tried Maxell DVD-R (the same one that I've been using for over a year with Panther), TDK DVD-R, Sony DVD-R, Sony DVD+R. The DVD players I've tried are Philips DVD 771, Pioneer DVJ-100x, Playstation 2.

The burner on my powerbook is matshita uj-825s.

How about testing with a different recorder??

Hi.

For those of you who encode quicktime movies then burn them onto dvd in toast 7 on a mac, what's your system profile?

os

quicktime

burner model

I'm having problems when I encode a quicktime movie and burn to dvd, the discs appear to work when they're in my powerbook, but once I try them on any other standalone player they just spin and eject.

The problem has nothing to do with the brand or model dvd I use, I've narrowed it down to qt or tiger or a combination of the two which are giving me problems.

Mike

Are you burning them as a DVD from Toast?

Archived