Copying slideshow and data files on same DVD

Obeewon

Question

Hello, I'm new to this site and to EMC-8 Suite. I've had EMC-8 for a while and now using it to create a slideshow for my son's team. I have been successful in creating a 313 photo slideshow with a menu. I used slideshow assistant ( I know some of you don't like it, but it was an easy way to get random transitions and music loaded quickly), When I got to step 3 I went into WaveVideo to further edit the project. I saved the project, exited WaveVideo, opened My DVD and opened the saved project. I added a menu changing the background and music. I then burn the project to disk and file. I then burned it a second time to the "Folders Options"

From this point I took my direction from a thread I read from the EMC9 section (which I can't seem to locate again). Assuming (I know what it spells backwards) that EMC8 might work the same way as EMC9, I tried to follow the same method found in the thread but can't get it to work. I am aware of the ability to archive the photos from the slideshow onto the DVD disk, but this is not what I want to do. I have three folders of photos, two of which have sub-folders ( about 3GB in total). SlideShow is about .8GB. Following the directions I put the three folders in the same directory that the Video_TS file was produced in. I open DiscCopier and try to open the folder but it only sees the Video_TS file.

Is there a way in EMC-8 Suite to burn both a slideshow and data (jpeg file in various folders) onto the same disk so that when I put it into a DVD player the slideshow menu come up and is playable and if put into a PC the data files are available to download or print.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. An off the topic question, where do you put all my PC information like what I see below some of your comments? OK one more off the topic questions, I have read some of the threads where a EMC-8 or EMC-9 Deluxe versions are mentioned. I have not seen a Deluxe version only a Suite version, are these the same?

Thanks Again

Dave

7 answers to this question

Thank you Larry & malatekid,

I finally got it to work thanks to you two! This forum is way better than the manual or help screens! I do have one last question. After the disk burns it automaticlly goes to media player and opens the menu to the slideshow and if I click the button the slideshow plays. After I eject it and try to replay it on the PC again, my drive just hangs up and the drive won't reconize the disk for either the video or data. The hour glass just keep going as long as I have the disk in the drive. Having said that I put it in my son's laptop and it goes directly to the slideshow menu and will play the slideshow, and if I open windows explorer and right click and click open, I see all the files and they are acessable (note I must right click and open or file/open to see the files, it does open when I just click on the drive like normal disks). The disk also plays fine in two different DVD players for the TV.

To me it seem that something isn't set correctly with my DVD drive or maybe it's on its last leg. Does this make any since?

Again, thanks for all your help!

Dave

Happy to hear you got it worked out :)

It does sound like your drive is acting up for some reason. A couple simple things you can try and see if it helps, first shut down the pc (not a restart) and let it sit for a couple minutes, then power it back up. If that doesn't help, go into Control Panel > System. On the Hardware tab cilck on Device Manager. Under the DVD/CD-RON drives section, right click on your drive and select uninstall. When it's done, power down the pc again, wait 2 min, power it back on. The system should automatically re-detect the drive. See if any of that helps.

If you did everything correctly, you should be able to do what you want using EMC8.

When you created the 'video folders' they should have ended up in a main folder you created for it, that has the VIDEO_TS as a subfolder. In the pictures attached, my example of the main folder is "E10dvx01". I then made three folders [at the same level as the VIDEO_TS folder] and copied the picture [jpg] files into them, with one of them having a subfolder also with some picture files.

So to burn all of that on to a disc

1. Open Disc Copier and select the "browse for..." option

2. Select the folder that has the Video_TS and other sub - folders

3. Check the Options box to "Include Data (ROM) Content from Source

That will burn the DVD folder set and the additional content.

post-71-1195574953.jpg

post-71-1195574962.jpg

Thank you Larry & malatekid,

I finally got it to work thanks to you two! This forum is way better than the manual or help screens! I do have one last question. After the disk burns it automaticlly goes to media player and opens the menu to the slideshow and if I click the button the slideshow plays. After I eject it and try to replay it on the PC again, my drive just hangs up and the drive won't reconize the disk for either the video or data. The hour glass just keep going as long as I have the disk in the drive. Having said that I put it in my son's laptop and it goes directly to the slideshow menu and will play the slideshow, and if I open windows explorer and right click and click open, I see all the files and they are acessable (note I must right click and open or file/open to see the files, it does open when I just click on the drive like normal disks). The disk also plays fine in two different DVD players for the TV.

To me it seem that something isn't set correctly with my DVD drive or maybe it's on its last leg. Does this make any since?

Again, thanks for all your help!

Dave

You're welcome but the credit belongs to Larry whose post provided resolution to your query. <_<

Thanks Larry!

I will try this when I get home tonight. When I open Disc Copier it defaults to the "Video Compilation" option, which was the one I was using. I did click on "CD / DVD Copy" a couple of times but don't remember seeing that Option Box "Include Data (ROM) Content from Source". Is that feature/option in the EMC-8 version? If it is, I must of just missed it. Your example of the correct structure mimic mine. Does it matter though, if I just copy the data files and existing folders into the newly created directory before I encoded the project to that directory? In other words the order or the method of setting up the structure you show above doesn't matter.

Thank you so much. Just to here that's its possible in ECM-8 gives me a renewed drive to figure it out.

I will let you know what happens.

Dave

Thanks Larry!

I will try this when I get home tonight. When I open Disc Copier it defaults to the "Video Compilation" option, which was the one I was using. I did click on "CD / DVD Copy" a couple of times but don't remember seeing that Option Box "Include Data (ROM) Content from Source". Is that feature/option in the EMC-8 version? If it is, I must of just missed it. Your example of the correct structure mimic mine. Does it matter though, if I just copy the data files and existing folders into the newly created directory before I encoded the project to that directory? In other words the order or the method of setting up the structure you show above doesn't matter.

Thank you so much. Just to here that's its possible in ECM-8 gives me a renewed drive to figure it out.

I will let you know what happens.

Dave

As malatekid noted, you should see the "include" option after you have selected your sorce. That's the way it it was when I was putting together those screen shots.

The screen shots I used were from EMC 8 Deluxe (the Suite I have). As far as I know, that option in Disc Copier should be there in the regular EMC 8 Suite also.

No it doesn't matter about copying the files after the video folder set is created. I actually burned the folder set in the example from MyDVD in EMC 10 (which created the VIDEO_TS folder and the ROXIPLASMA folder). Shouldn't matter tho as v8 creates the same standard folder set structure. I then manually made the Photo1 2 & 3 folders and the SubFolder folder, then copied a handful of jpeg files into each one. One thing that may help, is to keep the folder names as short as possible and avoid spaces. Use something like what I did, or "MyPhotos". You can always add a 1, 2, 3 etc on the end of the name (like MyPhotos1 ) if you want to have more than one.

Archived