• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems Starting Emc8

davidrsykes

Question

Occasionally emc8 refuses to start. Usually when I click on the icon the red Roxio box shows briefly followed by the program. Sometimes though nothing happens. If I look in Task Manager it shows Roxio_Central.exe running under Processes with a memory usage of 8420k. I have tried ending this process but it does not help. I have also tried Alt+Tab but that does not show the program to be running.The only way I have found to correct it is to re-boot, sometimes several times. Can anyone help?

3 answers to this question

Occasionally emc8 refuses to start. Usually when I click on the icon the red Roxio box shows briefly followed by the program. Sometimes though nothing happens. If I look in Task Manager it shows Roxio_Central.exe running under Processes with a memory usage of 8420k. I have tried ending this process but it does not help. I have also tried Alt+Tab but that does not show the program to be running.The only way I have found to correct it is to re-boot, sometimes several times. Can anyone help?

I had the same problem. I solved it by right clicking on Roxio EMC8 on bottom task bar and clicking MAXIMIZE. Who knows why it doesn't launch properly, but this at least gets it to open up on screen.

Good luck with other issues!

Bob

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem. I can usually start Roxio Central OK and run an app but once I quit Roxio Central I can no longer start a Roxio application (nor Roxio Central) again without rebooting. Also, when I shut the PC down it takes forever. Do you have this problem also?

Archived