DVD builder has encountered a problem

Ohio

Question

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 when I try to burn a DVD, I get a message "DVD Builder has encountered a problem and has to close." If I look at Windows task Manager it appears there are 2 incidences of DVD builder. I have tried Repair from the CD, I have upgraded, I have uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing has helped. I even tried files that worked in the past - same issue.

How do I repair?

15 answers to this question

When I first saw the letters 'DEP', I just typed it into Windows Help and found it. It helped me fix a problem in v7.5.

A good google helps as well. I can't speak for Tony but I believe he feels that many of the questions asked on this forum can be found by simple search methods. We're all here to help but it does make one wonder sometimes why some to try to help themselves first. B)

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 when I try to burn a DVD, I get a message "DVD Builder has encountered a problem and has to close." If I look at Windows task Manager it appears there are 2 incidences of DVD builder. I have tried Repair from the CD, I have upgraded, I have uninstalled and reinstalled - nothing has helped. I even tried files that worked in the past - same issue.

How do I repair?

Read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=11313 and then this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162 either one could be causing the problem.

You will have to reinstall EMC 7 after removing IE7.

How do I repair?

Thanks for your response.

You might also want to check your settings for "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) Since I'm not using Windows at the moment, I can't give you directions on where to find it. Making changes there fixed my problems years ago.

To find out how to get to this (DEP) just go into the search (top right on this page) and type in Data Execution Prevention, make sure you search on the EMC 7&&.5 forum.

How do I repair?

===> I have encountered the same, and related problems as well. It drives me CRAZY, and there are no "patches" on the Roxio site to help with problems like this. Really ticks me off. Might have to change brands to get reliability and QUALITY -- something this company appears not to be concerned with, or they'd have a customer-support email exchange resource (if they want to KEEP customers around to buy NEWER versions of their humongously-large program) !!!

T.D.

Marietta, GA

===> I have encountered the same, and related problems as well. It drives me CRAZY, and there are no "patches" on the Roxio site to help with problems like this. Really ticks me off. Might have to change brands to get reliability and QUALITY -- something this company appears not to be concerned with, or they'd have a customer-support email exchange resource (if they want to KEEP customers around to buy NEWER versions of their humongously-large program) !!!

T.D.

Marietta, GA

The patch is to remove IE 7 and WMP 11, both from Microsoft. It's pretty easy to do, too, and when you do, it is like magic......the Roxio software works again. Is there anything about that that you don't understand?

The patch is to remove IE 7 and WMP 11, both from Microsoft. It's pretty easy to do, too, and when you do, it is like magic......the Roxio software works again. Is there anything about that that you don't understand?

--------------------

Life is good!

Bruce Wallace

Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:

AMD Athlon 4600+ Dual-Core CPU

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

2Gig Corsair 3500 LLPro DDR Ram

BenQ DW 1655 DVD Burner

Sony CRX320E DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x24x52 Combo

EVGA GeForce 7900GT X16 PCIe Video Card - 256MB

Creative Labs Audigy2 Platinum Sound Card

2 Each - 320GB Seagate SATA2 Hard Drives

EMC 7.5, EMC 9.0, & EMC 10

Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2

=================================================

Thanks, Bruce. Will try to un-install those two programs (Windows Media Player version 11, and Internet Explorer version 7). Hope it works. Will try Microsoft website for later edition of both. If not... will use my AOL browser, or download Netscape, I guess? There are other media players out there, too (Real, etc.).

Tango Delta ("T.D.")

101st ABN DIV

101st AVN BN

B-Company `KINGSMEN`

(Camp Eagle)

April Fools' Day 1970 - April Fools' Day 1971

Marietta, GA

--------------------

=================================================

Thanks, Bruce. Will try to un-install those two programs (Windows Media Player version 11, and Internet Explorer version 7). Hope it works. Will try Microsoft website for later edition of both. If not... will use my AOL browser, or download Netscape, I guess? There are other media players out there, too (Real, etc.).

Tango Delta ("T.D.")

101st ABN DIV

101st AVN BN

B-Company `KINGSMEN`

(Camp Eagle)

April Fools' Day 1970 - April Fools' Day 1971

Marietta, GA

When You uninstall Internet Explorer 7, it will roll back automatically to IE 6 so there is nothing that you have to do with Internet Explorer, after that.

For Windows Media Player 11, scroll down to the uninstall portion of the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../11/readme.aspx

You may have to uninstall EMC 7/7.5 if it doesn't work right away.

You don't have Vista as your OS do you?

My way of getting to the DEP gets the user to use the search function, which may help in the long run.

'ScuseMe, Tony I didn't relize it was a MY Way or the Hi-Way forum. I get tired of reading, It's a OEM go to them for support, uninstall WMP 11 and IE 7, use the search function. Oh I almost forgot InCD, D2D, Direct CD, and DLA are worse than the devil in Seattle. And don't forget to read the pinned /\/\/\ Golden Arches post and you will know as much as the person that wrote it!

Question, if a guru would of posted the short way to DEP would you of made such a fusss about it?

cd

Easy cd, me thinks you were offended unnecessarily. Look through Tony's posts, and you will never see one aimed at chastising a specific user.

The steps that you listed are the correct and proper steps to get there! Actually I always wondered what they were???

I have always joked about Windows which always seems to have 3 ways of doing the same thing!

By the way, I use Win-Pause to get there – Method Number 3!

Archived