• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't read any disks burned with drag to disc

realsupersam

Please anyone out there, I really need help. I don't want to lose any home movies I have on my kids.

I used Drag-to-Disc program in Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 that came with my Dell 3 years ago to burn all our movie files onto DVD disks to save as archives, so to increase hard disk storage space. I just tried reading the disks and it won't read any of them! I am still using the same Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 suite now. I do remember closing all the disks after burning to make sure they are readable. Please help, lossing movies on my kids from birth to growing up will be tragic.

I think you have found out why Packet-Writing (Drag2Disc, DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc) are for very short-term temporary use, when the original file is still safely in the original place.

You might try one of the recovery programs such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBuster (www.isobuster.com), but I wouldn't get your hopes up. If you used RW media, the odds are poorer than if you used R media - you didn't say which.

Lynn

Thank you guys for the response. I used DVD+R disks recording those files. When I put the disks into the DVD Drive, it just keep spinning but does not recognize the disk. So is that a problem with the disks data, or is that a problem with the drive? Does that mean the drive is not recognizing the disk exists or does that mean the data in the disk is bad? Please advice.

Thanks

I don't think it matters whether you used DVD plus or DVD dash or CD.

Packet-Writing (where you format optical media) tends to fail. And if it has failed, that is that.

Next time, use a Sessions-based program such as Creator Classic, or the WinXP built-in burning.

Lynn

Okay, if the packet-writing I used had failed. Would you know if there are someone or some company out there who specialize in lost data recovery? I'm willing to spend money to recover all those precious memories on those disks? And I have about 28 of those disks with more than 60 hours worth. Please advice. Thank you.

Okay, if the packet-writing I used had failed. Would you know if there are someone or some company out there who specialize in lost data recovery? I'm willing to spend money to recover all those precious memories on those disks? And I have about 28 of those disks with more than 60 hours worth. Please advice. Thank you.

In post #2 on this thread, you will find two good suggestions to try.

Try the recovery programs I mentioned earlier - cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBuster (www.isobuster.com) - both have impressive testimonials on their websites and in the Roxio boards. Both have a "trial" Version that lets you see if anything can be recovered before you have to pay.

However, if you used compression to make the file size smaller (60 hours on 28 DVDs?), I think you're stuck.

Lynn

Archived