• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Recently purchased a new PC HP 920D with a HP DVD writer 840b. After installing Easy CD/DVD creator Version 6 Platinum it doesn't recognize my burner. I've installed all updates, it tells me it doesn't recognize my burner and that it needs to connect to roxio to check for support. I then get something along the following line Internet service interrupted. I don't see my burner on the list of drives. If any one can help or any one with ROXIO can provide an update please help! I spent good money for this software and expect it to work with my hardware. Thanks for any help.

Recently purchased a new PC HP 920D with a HP DVD writer 840b. After installing Easy CD/DVD creator Version 6 Platinum it doesn't recognize my burner. I've installed all updates, it tells me it doesn't recognize my burner and that it needs to connect to roxio to check for support. I then get something along the following line Internet service interrupted. I don't see my burner on the list of drives. If any one can help or any one with ROXIO can provide an update please help! I spent good money for this software and expect it to work with my hardware. Thanks for any help.

Regardless of how "new" your drive is, make sure you have the latest driver firmware installed, HI86 – 11/05. One of the features of this update is "…improves compatibility with recording software…".

Then check in device manager to make sure the drive is not showing any errors.

Note that V6 does not support writing to DVD DL media.

Otherwise, V6 uses dynamic drive detection, therefore all new drives are recognizable and usable.

Hello,

This software (Version 6) was new in 2003. Updates were issued for a while to make the software recognize new drives. The last drive update issued was DU20041203, issued late in 2004.

If your new drive was released on the market before the end of 2004 then you might expect it to be recognized by the drive update DU20041203. Go to the software Updates page (see the link at the left of this page) and update your engine and apply the drive update.

I have to ask, why are you trying to run an ultra new drive on old software? Windows uses generic CD drivers, so it can read from anything. The fact that Windows can read a disc in the drive only indicates that the drive has a standard read interface, not that an old version of ECD&DVD Creator should be able to "recognize" it for writing.

If your new drive is ultra new, and doesn't show on the list of recognized drives, then you're likely to be SOL. You will need to go to version 7 or better, where the dynamic drive detection will kick in.

I have to ask, why are you trying to run an ultra new drive on old software? Windows uses generic CD drivers, so it can read from anything. The fact that Windows can read a disc in the drive only indicates that the drive has a standard read interface, not that an old version of ECD&DVD Creator should be able to "recognize" it for writing.

If your new drive is ultra new, and doesn't show on the list of recognized drives, then you're likely to be SOL. You will need to go to version 7 or better, where the dynamic drive detection will kick in.

Version 6 has dynamic drive detection to recognize newer burners, BUT only to the extent that Version 6 is capable.

V.6 was the first to be able to do DVD Video, and you should be able to do DVD Video with it, as a generic DVD burner.

However, the HP840b is clearly intended as a DVD DL burner -

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Sp...ArticleId=15764

and DVD-DL is first supported in EMC 7.1 (note: not 7.0). I'm not sure if DVD+DL is supported with EMC 8, but certainly not in EMC 7 at all.

Again, if the drive is ultra-new, and didn't come with its own burning software (usually mfr's will include burning software they feel will work with the drive), it's time to get some ultra-new software to support it.

If you "spent good money on this software", AFTER you bought the burner, you should demand your money back and get something more appropriate.

If your computer doesn't have the minimum requirements for EMC 7, 7.5 or 8 (WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4), perhaps you need a lesser burner more in line with the rest of the system. (I bought an unused, but 4 year old, burner for my Win98 SE system on eBay.)

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

Hello,

This software (Version 6) was new in 2003. Updates were issued for a while to make the software recognize new drives. The last drive update issued was DU20041203, issued late in 2004.

If your new drive was released on the market before the end of 2004 then you might expect it to be recognized by the drive update DU20041203. Go to the software Updates page (see the link at the left of this page) and update your engine and apply the drive update.

It's an ultra new machine, I realize this is older software I just didn't really want to upgrade at this point for two reasons one on this message board seems like creator 8 has alot of problems and two I really didn't want to upgrade at this point to a newer version. However seems like I may have to upgrade. The software that came with the machine is pretty generic and I really don't like it. I believe it's manufactured my sonic, which I believe is roxio.

It's an ultra new machine, I realize this is older software I just didn't really want to upgrade at this point for two reasons one on this message board seems like creator 8 has alot of problems and two I really didn't want to upgrade at this point to a newer version. However seems like I may have to upgrade. The software that came with the machine is pretty generic and I really don't like it. I believe it's manufactured my sonic, which I believe is roxio.

If the software (Easy CD & DVD edition Creator 6 Platinum) came with your new machine, I would go back to were you bought it and see if they will provide you with some software that supports Dual Layer burning.

Dual Layer was first supported in EMC 7.1, so you might consider EMC 7 or 7.5 on eBay. (V.7.5 is a combination of Roxio and Sonic programs, after Roxio was aquired by Sonic, and the company formerly known as Roxio became known as Napster.)

Lynn

If the software (Easy CD & DVD edition Creator 6 Platinum) came with your new machine, I would go back to were you bought it and see if they will provide you with some software that supports Dual Layer burning.

I purchased Creator 6 Platinum a couple years ago now I guess. The software that came with the machine was MyDVD by Sonic, which I understand now Sonic Purchased Roxio. So looks like my only option of to upgrade to creator 7 or 8. Does the creator 8 have the look and feel of Older versions of Creator or has it taken on a Sonic look. The Sonic program that came with my machine I have to say I really don't like.

I purchased Creator 6 Platinum a couple years ago now I guess. The software that came with the machine was MyDVD by Sonic, which I understand now Sonic Purchased Roxio. So looks like my only option of to upgrade to creator 7 or 8. Does the creator 8 have the look and feel of Older versions of Creator or has it taken on a Sonic look. The Sonic program that came with my machine I have to say I really don't like.

V.7 was done entirely by Roxio, and has the best continuity. V.7.5 didn't change much, mostly it added the Sonic programs. V.8 was built from scratch, and has much less continuity.

(You can get V.7 and update it to support DL DVD burning :) )

Lynn