mp3 files

bassofdawn

I have easy media creator (basic). And I don't know how to make an mp3 file from a wav file on my hard drive. Can someone help me please?

Not sure how much I can help since I've never seen the basic version but I'll try. Does Basic have Music Disc Creator included? If so, start it up and add the mp3 file to the program window (or you can drag and drop it in). Right click the file and choose 'Export' and then you have more choices to make. Under Output Settings, choose Custom then click the Edit button and under Format, choose wav. You can save it anywhere you want.

If you don't have Music Disc Creator, perhaps your version came with Sound Editor which is easier to use.

Please let me know what's included in your version and I may be able to give you more useful info.

post-79-1195663311.jpg

I have easy media creator (basic). And I don't know how to make an mp3 file from a wav file on my hard drive. Can someone help me please?

Try this small Free program CDex v 1.51 Download here.

I have no problem running it in XP. If you do have a problem, you might need a Aspi manager.

cd

Er ... Paul ... I think OP already HAS a .wav file. He wants to make it into an .mp3 ... :huh:

Lynn

:P:P Thanks Lynn. Well, it's even easier! I'm relatively sure there is some type of 'Create Audio' or 'Create CD' included in the basic version so all the OP would have to do is open the Audio program, click the Add Music button and browse to where the WAV is saved to add to the project.

Sorry for the confusion bassofdawn. You'll find when you get older, these things happen more and more. :lol:

post-79-1195665354.jpg

:P:P Thanks Lynn. Well, it's even easier! I'm relatively sure there is some type of 'Create Audio' or 'Create CD' included in the basic version so all the OP would have to do is open the Audio program, click the Add Music button and browse to where the WAV is saved to add to the project.

Sorry for the confusion bassofdawn. You'll find when you get older, these things happen more and more. :lol:

Mmm ... Aren't you about young enough to be my kid? ... :huh:

OP didn't say make a CD, it's possible to save .mp3's elsewhere ... but I think CD got it.

Lynn

Mmm ... Aren't you about young enough to be my kid? ... :huh:

OP didn't say make a CD, it's possible to save .mp3's elsewhere ... but I think CD got it.

Lynn

Yep, looks like that's much easier. Thanks cd (Lynn too).

Lynn, you DO NOT want me as your child.

Archived