• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hesitation in Slideshow Playback

bdthaxton

Question

I am using EMC 10 and have created a project in MyDVD with about 8 slideshows and some home movies. Everything is great (thanks to many helpful tips I've found here) except for one slide show. There is a hesitatation in the same spot on every DVD I've burned. I have replaced the music track and replaced the pictures on both sides of the problem with no luck. I'm using software rendering and dissolve for my transitions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have to get this finished for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Anniversary next week.

Thanks

10 answers to this question

After reordering, the hesitation still occur about 1/3 of the way through the total playtime? Or does it occur in the same spot of the particular slideshow?

If the latter, copy your current project as a new project. In this new project, remove the particular slideshow with the problem. Burn this project. Is the hesitation gone?

The hesitation is isolated to just this slideshow and in the same spot of the slideshow. I deleted everything out of the project but this slideshow and it still does it in the same place. I removed it from the project and everything else is fine.

I've reordered the pictures around the trouble spot, replaced pictures around the spot, re-recorded the music at all different compressions, got the same music from a buddy and it is still there.

Is there some way to copy the pictures out of this bad slideshow and put them in a new slideshow? I could recreate the slideshow, but it would be a lot of work to get the order right again.

Thanks

The hesitation is isolated to just this slideshow and in the same spot of the slideshow. I deleted everything out of the project but this slideshow and it still does it in the same place. I removed it from the project and everything else is fine.

I've reordered the pictures around the trouble spot, replaced pictures around the spot, re-recorded the music at all different compressions, got the same music from a buddy and it is still there.

Is there some way to copy the pictures out of this bad slideshow and put them in a new slideshow? I could recreate the slideshow, but it would be a lot of work to get the order right again.

Thanks

Was that slideshow created using Videowave? If so, you can copy the objects in the main track by going to Timeline, choose all (CTRL+A) and copy. Then open a new production, and paste the clipboard content. I'm afraid you have to recreate the other stuff that are not in the Main track of the original production.

I am using EMC 10 and have created a project in MyDVD with about 8 slideshows and some home movies. Everything is great (thanks to many helpful tips I've found here) except for one slide show. There is a hesitatation in the same spot on every DVD I've burned. I have replaced the music track and replaced the pictures on both sides of the problem with no luck. I'm using software rendering and dissolve for my transitions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have to get this finished for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Anniversary next week.

Thanks

Did you burn that production to a DL disc? If so, the hesitation may be when it switches to the 2nd track.

Was that slideshow created using Videowave? If so, you can copy the objects in the main track by going to Timeline, choose all (CTRL+A) and copy. Then open a new production, and paste the clipboard content. I'm afraid you have to recreate the other stuff that are not in the Main track of the original production.

Unfortunately, all the slideshows were created in MyDVD. This is the first time I've worked with the software and it seemed the easy way.

I tried copying the slideshow into another submenu in the project to see if that would do anything and that didn't help either.

Unfortunately, all the slideshows were created in MyDVD. This is the first time I've worked with the software and it seemed the easy way.

I tried copying the slideshow into another submenu in the project to see if that would do anything and that didn't help either.

If the problem occurs with only the one slideshow perhaps your could delete it from the project and replace it it with one you can create in Videowave.

What happens when you move the problem slideshow to a different location in your project? Does the problem also move?

How long in time is your total project? Exactly what do you mean by "hesitates"?

I haven't tried moving the slideshow to a different location. I'll do it as a test. The project more or less follows a timeline, so it needs to be where it is at.

I haven't added it up, but I'm guess close to 2 hours. The problem is occurring about 1/3 of the way through the total time. What I mean by hesitates is one picture will dissolve and as the next is appearing the music stops and the video freezes for maybe a second and then it continues normally. One thing I've noticed is if I try to rewind after the hesitation it will stop where the problem occurred and will not go past that point.

I haven't tried moving the slideshow to a different location. I'll do it as a test. The project more or less follows a timeline, so it needs to be where it is at.

I haven't added it up, but I'm guess close to 2 hours. The problem is occurring about 1/3 of the way through the total time. What I mean by hesitates is one picture will dissolve and as the next is appearing the music stops and the video freezes for maybe a second and then it continues normally. One thing I've noticed is if I try to rewind after the hesitation it will stop where the problem occurred and will not go past that point.

I reordered all the slideshows to see if the problem would follow and it did. I am at a complete loss on this one. Still open for suggestions if anyone has one.

Thanks

I reordered all the slideshows to see if the problem would follow and it did. I am at a complete loss on this one. Still open for suggestions if anyone has one.

Thanks

After reordering, the hesitation still occur about 1/3 of the way through the total playtime? Or does it occur in the same spot of the particular slideshow?

If the latter, copy your current project as a new project. In this new project, remove the particular slideshow with the problem. Burn this project. Is the hesitation gone?

Archived