joe doc

Invalid Activation Code

Question

Is the Activation Code on the Program CD itself. If so, why can't Roxio tell us what the code is if we supply them with the Product Key and CD Part Number? If they had the Program CD in hand could they find the Code? Can Roxio supply a generic Code that we could use for offline activation? Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Is the Activation Code on the Program CD itself. If so, why can't Roxio tell us what the code is if we supply them with the Product Key and CD Part Number? If they had the Program CD in hand could they find the Code? Can Roxio supply a generic Code that we could use for offline activation? Thanks.

No activation code on the CD. If you can't activate online, try the offline activation route. It worked for me, way back when.

No activation code on the CD. If you can't activate online, try the offline activation route. It worked for me, way back when.

I'll try offline again. Where does the code come from to insert in the first place?

I'll try offline again. Where does the code come from to insert in the first place?
When you follow the offline activation process, you will see a special 25 digit code displayed in one of the steps. It comes from their servers basically.

After months of install/uninstall, all modules of my EMC9 are finally operational. I again followed the instructions in these Forums and it worked out. I'm sure I followed these instructions before but got nowhere. Go figure! Thanks for your help.

After months of install/uninstall, all modules of my EMC9 are finally operational. I again followed the instructions in these Forums and it worked out. I'm sure I followed these instructions before but got nowhere. Go figure! Thanks for your help.

Cross your fingers and hope it stays that way. :P I've posted many times that I've had to do the clean install 3 times to get EMC9 to work on 1 system. However, I am glad it's working and I'm glad you let us know.

Cross your fingers and hope it stays that way. :P I've posted many times that I've had to do the clean install 3 times to get EMC9 to work on 1 system. However, I am glad it's working and I'm glad you let us know.

Yes I hope so too. I think the step that I overlooked in the past was to Enable Hidden File & Folders. There are several Sonic folders still remaining afer all other uninstall steps are taken. Also, when I opened CinePlayer it plsyed the DVD without asking to be activated. Strange?

Hi Joe

please help whe I follow all of the instructs for offline product activation

no product key shows up in orange letters-am I blind?

many thanks Karen :angry:

When you follow the offline activation process, you will see a special 25 digit code displayed in one of the steps. It comes from their servers basically.
Hi

I cant see the activation code it is supposed t be in orange print? is there a solution for this? new glasses maybe?

Thanks Kp

Hi Joe

please help whe I follow all of the instructs for offline product activation

no product key shows up in orange letters-am I blind?

many thanks Karen :angry:

Karen,

This is fairly long but follow it step by step:

CLEAN INSTALLATION OF EASY MEDIA CREATOR

ID Number: 000086CR

Products:

Easy Media Creator 10

Easy Media Creator 9

Easy Media Creator 8

Easy Media Creator 7.5

WinOnCD 9

WinOnCD 8

Issue: How to perform a clean install for Easy Media Creator versions 7.5, 8, 9 and 10.

Resolution: The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer.

Remove any Roxio and Sonic programs from Add or Remove Programs or use the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility if you receive a certificate file error while trying to remove the Roxio program. (Directions below) Follow the instructions below to use the Microsoft Cleanup Utility to remove software

1. Download the Microsoft Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to your desktop and install to remove Roxio and Sonic software:

o Click here to go to the download page.

o Scroll down to and click on Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.

o Click on Save and choose to save it on your Desktop.

o On your Desktop, double-click on msicuu2.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install

o Click on Start -> All programs -> Windows Install Clean up

o Select Roxio Easy Media Creator or any entry started with Roxio or Sonic.

o Click on Remove.

2. Once that is completed please disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading:

o Click on Start -> select Run -> Type "msconfig" then click OK.

o Select the Startup tab.

o Click the Disable All button.

o Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.

o Click the Restart button.

To reverse this just go back in and click enable all and restart (that can be done once installation is complete)

3. For the step below you will need to SHOW HIDDEN FILES. This can be done by clicking on my computer then go up and click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply.

4. Delete these folders from your hard drive.

NOTE: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows XP.

C:\Program Files\Roxio

C:\Program Files\Sonic

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sonic

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Roxio

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Sonic

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Roxio

Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed.

5. Go into your browser and clear out the cookies and browsing history. This is usually found in the Tools --> Options window under the General or Security tab.

6. Remove these keys from the registry:

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE.

To export a copy of your registry, please do the following

o Go to Start --> Run, type "regedit" and click OK.

o Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.

o Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).

o Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.

o Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified

Registry Edit instructions:

Click on Start -> select Run. Type "regedit" then click OK:

o Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder this will expand or open the folder.

o Locate the Software folder.

o Locate the Roxio folder.

o Right click on Roxio and click delete.

o Do the same for the Sonic folder.

o Close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

Do the same for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder:

o Double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder this will expand or open the folder.

o Locate the Software folder

o Locate the Roxio folder

o Close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.

7. Disable all start up items in MSCONFIG

8. Disable all Anti-Virus software

9. Disable Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

10. Disconnect computer from the Internet

11. Restart the computer then reinstall Easy Media Creator.

12. Reconnect computer to the Internet

13. Enable desired Start Up items in MSCONFIG

14. Enable Anti-Virus software, Windows Firewall and Widows Defender

Karen,

This is fairly long but follow it step by step:

CLEAN INSTALLATION OF EASY MEDIA CREATOR

ID Number: 000086CR

Products:

Easy Media Creator 10

Easy Media Creator 9

Easy Media Creator 8

Easy Media Creator 7.5

WinOnCD 9

WinOnCD 8

Issue: How to perform a clean install for Easy Media Creator versions 7.5, 8, 9 and 10.

Resolution: The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer.

Remove any Roxio and Sonic programs from Add or Remove Programs or use the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility if you receive a certificate file error while trying to remove the Roxio program. (Directions below) Follow the instructions below to use the Microsoft Cleanup Utility to remove software

1. Download the Microsoft Windows Installer Clean Up Utility to your desktop and install to remove Roxio and Sonic software:

o Click here to go to the download page.

o Scroll down to and click on Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.

o Click on Save and choose to save it on your Desktop.

o On your Desktop, double-click on msicuu2.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install

o Click on Start -> All programs -> Windows Install Clean up

o Select Roxio Easy Media Creator or any entry started with Roxio or Sonic.

o Click on Remove.

2. Once that is completed please disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading:

o Click on Start -> select Run -> Type "msconfig" then click OK.

o Select the Startup tab.

o Click the Disable All button.

o Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.

o Click the Restart button.

To reverse this just go back in and click enable all and restart (that can be done once installation is complete)

3. For the step below you will need to SHOW HIDDEN FILES. This can be done by clicking on my computer then go up and click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply.

4. Delete these folders from your hard drive.

NOTE: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows XP.

C:\Program Files\Roxio

C:\Program Files\Sonic

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sonic

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Roxio

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Sonic

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Roxio

Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed.

5. Go into your browser and clear out the cookies and browsing history. This is usually found in the Tools --> Options window under the General or Security tab.

6. Remove these keys from the registry:

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE.

To export a copy of your registry, please do the following

o Go to Start --> Run, type "regedit" and click OK.

o Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.

o Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).

o Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.

o Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified

Registry Edit instructions:

Click on Start -> select Run. Type "regedit" then click OK:

o Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder this will expand or open the folder.

o Locate the Software folder.

o Locate the Roxio folder.

o Close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

Do the same for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder:

o Double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder this will expand or open the folder.

o Locate the Software folder

o Locate the Roxio folder

o Close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.

7. Disable all start up items in MSCONFIG

8. Disable all Anti-Virus software

9. Disable Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

10. Disconnect computer from the Internet

11. Restart the computer then reinstall Easy Media Creator.

12. Reconnect computer to the Internet

13. Enable desired Start Up items in MSCONFIG

14. Enable Anti-Virus software, Windows Firewall and Widows Defender

Dear Joe

will I have trouble with my product key (on the CD packet) when I go to reinstall?

this clean up sounds serious I will try

thanks Karen