• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't burn copies of burned dvd from camera

Donna R

Question

:angry2: My son has a rock band and I burned a dvd from my camera on my dvd/vcr recorder. I have been trying to make copies of it on the pc for the other band members, but it won't let me. It is Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE version. PBDS CD R/W (E:) pops up and there is no way to change it to dvd whatever it is. It says I can burn copies from my recorder. But I find it is easier to make a copy on the dvd/vcr recorder at this time. It makes me crazy. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 answers to this question

:angry2: My son has a rock band and I burned a dvd from my camera on my dvd/vcr recorder. I have been trying to make copies of it on the pc for the other band members, but it won't let me. It is Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE version. PBDS CD R/W (E:) pops up and there is no way to change it to dvd whatever it is. It says I can burn copies from my recorder. But I find it is easier to make a copy on the dvd/vcr recorder at this time. It makes me crazy. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a DVD burner in your system? You only mention a CD burner which of course can't burn DVDs

To identify your drive in XP. Right click my computer and click properties. The system properties window opens, click the Hardware tab and then click device manager. The Device Manager Window opens, from the top view, make sure a dot is next to view devices by type. Click the + next to DVD/CD-Rom Drives, post what it reads?

For the firmware version, right click the drive/s and click properties, click the details tab. It should show, example mine IDECDROMBENQ_DVD_DD_DW1640_______________BSRB_____. The # where my BSRB is, is what we need you to post with the drive model/name.

cd

PBDS CDRW DVD DH-48C2S SCSi CDROM DEVICE IS WHAT IT SAYS.

THIS IS THE VERSION THAT CAME WITH MY COMPUTER, AND I'VE ONLY HAD IT FOR ABOUT 1 AND 1/2 MONTHS. I STILL HAVE ALL THE CD'S STILL IN THE ENVELOPES THAT WERE INSTALLED WHEN I GOT IT. SO ROXIO CREATOR & MYDVD 9.0 DE IS THE VERSION I HAVE.

PBDS CDRW DVD DH-48C2S SCSi CDROM DEVICE IS WHAT IT SAYS.

THIS IS THE VERSION THAT CAME WITH MY COMPUTER, AND I'VE ONLY HAD IT FOR ABOUT 1 AND 1/2 MONTHS. I STILL HAVE ALL THE CD'S STILL IN THE ENVELOPES THAT WERE INSTALLED WHEN I GOT IT. SO ROXIO CREATOR & MYDVD 9.0 DE IS THE VERSION I HAVE.

What you have is a burner that is able to read/write CDs but cannot write to DVDs, it can only read DVDs.

Here is the link to manual page as shown on a Dell website

Archived