Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • 0

audiowave


dhagens

Question

I see all these little posts about sync errors (mine included) and try to recreate what other people experience to compare to my own problem, which doesn't seem to get solved no matter how many things I try. Even went all the way back to a fresh install from windows etc tried everything from scratch before giving up and upgrading again to latest vid/snd drivers win updates etc etc etc ... now here is another thing the guru's can try to blame drivers on and maybe a faulty hardware config ... I can hardly wait ...

win media center etc.. it shouldn't matter but if you really want I can paste the whole config from this system again. just say the word ...

 

Step 1

record tv show

step 2

open videowave blah bla... production blaha blah ... select tv show .. and click ... the conversion begins

step 3

after the file sows up all nice and neatly I jump to the end of the tv show(now mpeg) select 5 minutes before end(roughly-random point) and play .... guess what ... NO sync error

 

here comes the fun part

 

step 4

close videowave

step 5

open videowave blah blah .. production blah blah .. select MPEG file (from converted show)

step 6

after the file sows up all nice and neatly I jump to the end of the show select 5 minutes before end(roughly-random point) and play .... guess what ... Sound and Video are seconds out of Sync...

 

so please, tell me how much wrong my drivers are, and what crappy system I have ... I really like to understand how after a conversion your videowave shows no error .. but opening the same file gives me an error ... maybe then I can finally understand what I am doing wrong ....

 

oh yeah, ps blah blah .. I am not running antivirus spyware etc etc .. and tried the suggestions.. close all proggies in startup through msconfig.. did the delete keys in registry .. please... those things don't solve anything ...

and pps .. all this, to make you understand why I don't unerstand there are so many ways to create the same problem, doesn't change the fact that IF I delete the file .. start conversion again go until after step 3 ... place a 'split' ... jump to end - 5 mins... OUT of sync ... and, not angry if nobody can tell me or help me with fixing it .. very frustrated, not angry, and wont spend a dime on any version here after ... if your car comes broken out of the factory... the president is not telling you to buy the next version either.. he fixes or replaces/reimburses your broken automobiel ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

Sorry, I've got nothing for you. Audio sync is a problem with many similar packages. Just read the forums (well, the ones that have them). Nero, Pinnacle, Ulead, Adobe.....they all have some reports of problems.

If you do a search on this forum for 'audio sync', you'll see some suggestions. I'm sure you've tried a few but one that seems to be most helpful is to split the large file into smaller sizes. I rarely have sync issues so I've not tried this but many who have say it's worked. Try it and let us know your outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I've got nothing for you. Audio sync is a problem with many similar packages. Just read the forums (well, the ones that have them). Nero, Pinnacle, Ulead, Adobe.....they all have some reports of problems.

If you do a search on this forum for 'audio sync', you'll see some suggestions. I'm sure you've tried a few but one that seems to be most helpful is to split the large file into smaller sizes. I rarely have sync issues so I've not tried this but many who have say it's worked. Try it and let us know your outcome.

 

 

Hi,

 

yes, the splits seem to work to keep the output file in sync (making splits between 5-10 minutes)... not sure however how I can add/change sound because when I do want to change and use split (take out scenes etc) when I open the edit window for the audio ... it shows as out of sync ... so ... since rebuilding the file somehow 'fixes' the sync problem... IF I change/add sound in anyway ... I would put it where (time wise) I would expect it ... but... the output file THEN puts all the sound back into their original time .. hence.. the added parts will be out of sync ... while the original bits have been put back into place (in sync)... so ... for what I mainly want to do the splits will do nicely.. as for the added/changed sounds that become out of sync after rebuilding I am not sure how to get that working easy...

 

thanks anyway for trying to help :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...