VideoWave 9: CineMagic "can't control time of production"

BobT2527

Question

I have played with this for a while and would at least like to know that it is not me....

Example one: Add 90 pictures and 1 AVI (5 seconds) then add audio mp3 @2:53 duration, finish, production length=2:48 that is what I want it previews perfectly for me. Then I save the file DMSM and exit the come right back and load the same file I just saved and length has changed to 5:47. It doesn’t matter whether I use “fit to audio” or “set the duration”, this happens every time.

Example two: 40 pictures, MP3 1:54 come out perfect then save come back in and length has gone to 3 minutes or more??

This means I can't use this CineMagic Feature unless I find a way to control my time so the MP3 ends exactly on the last picture.

Bob T

4 answers to this question

I have played with this for a while and would at least like to know that it is not me....

Example one: Add 90 pictures and 1 AVI (5 seconds) then add audio mp3 @2:53 duration, finish, production length=2:48 that is what I want it previews perfectly for me. Then I save the file DMSM and exit the come right back and load the same file I just saved and length has changed to 5:47. It doesn't matter whether I use "fit to audio" or "set the duration", this happens every time.

Example two: 40 pictures, MP3 1:54 come out perfect then save come back in and length has gone to 3 minutes or more??

This means I can't use this CineMagic Feature unless I find a way to control my time so the MP3 ends exactly on the last picture.

Bob T

Bob, Don't use that CineMagic program if you are having trouble with it. Use VideoWave. It gives you more features and is easier to trouble shoot.

Do a little math, you have 90 images plus 5 seconds for a 2:53 second music clip. It is early but I think that means that each image will show for just over 1 second. Is that what you want? In my opinion, that's still pretty fast. unless you are looking for a flash card effect.

I have been playing with it and it seems that the minimum duration is 2 seconds per image. What you may be seeing is the aditional time for the "Intro". If you are going for an effect, use VideoWave; there is no automatic intro.

I did find a way to control the production time, by right clicking on any frame and selecting "Trim" you are given the choice to "adjust duration" and apply it to all the still images on the movie. I have also found a way to copy and paste in the CiniMagic Intro frames which is what I was looking for but I do have another issue for VideoWave9 which I may post new:

i.e. lets say you have a mix of still's and movies i.g.: 20 seconds of movies 20 seconds of movies with native sound then again 20 seconds of stills how to get my second "music track" to skip the "native sound track" to line up wth the second set of stills. The way I did it was to install a big sound track to the lenght of the native sound track and mute it, this seems like a waste of DVD storage space.

Archived