Toast 8.0.3 update - help please.

Anglo

Question

Having just launched Toast I am informed that there is a new update to version 8.0.3 so I proceeded to download. Having waited approx 15 minutes for the download to finish (147mb) I tried to install but was told that I have a newer version already so do I want to proceed. Well NO of course! So where does that leave me on the 8.0.3 update? Do I have to download again, and where is the current unused update download sitting on my hard disc? Oh dear!! :(:(

8 answers to this question

Since you're in the UK, you shouldn't even see Tivo Transfer. Tivo is mainly for the US. It's a DVR that allows for recording and timeshifting TV.

Found this ....

TiVo (pronounced tee-voh, IPA: /ˈtiːvoʊ/) is a popular brand of digital video recorder (DVR) in the United States. It is a consumer video device which allows users to capture television programming to internal hard disk storage for later viewing ("time shifting"), provides an electronic television programming schedule, and permits the setting of recording options based on that schedule information

...PLEEEEASE educate me on how this would affect a Toast update. (if I was in the US that is)

That's a Finder message and has nothing to do with Toast. The reason that happens is because installing Tivo Transfer changes the modification date of the folder. It's not Toast giving the message.

Alright, point taken ... that's why you have 1730 entries in this forum and I only have 11! For the uninitiated .... what is "Tivo Transfer" anyway? :huh:

I had the same problem with the 8.0.3 update, it kept insisting I had a newer version, got mad and installed it anyway and it did upgrade V8 to V8.0.3 go figure. Good Luck

Larry

Thanks Larry - will give it a go! Back to the Future eh???

I had the same problem with the 8.0.3 update, it kept insisting I had a newer version, got mad and installed it anyway and it did upgrade V8 to V8.0.3 go figure. Good Luck

Larry

Did it and it worked! Strange way of working this! To tell everyone that they need the update and then tell them that they have the latest version already then assume everyone will understand that they have to ignore this? Very strange - but true! <_<

Archived