Roxio Conflicts in Editing

buleriachk

Question

Hi,

I'm editing video files (.wmv, .mg) I captured using Logitech Pro 9000/Zooom H4 in various editors. I can capture as well in Adobe Premiere and Studio 10, but when I playback in those editors there is no sound.

The files playback fine in Windows Media Player AND in Roxio MC8 (I can capture there as well, of course).

Does Roxio somehow interfere with the use of Premiere and Studio 10 (they are NOT running concurrently, and I even rebooted before bringing them up). I'm suspecting some kind of Roxio "takeover" at this point, since everything works in Roxio's editor, but none of the others. (Again, the files themselves playback fine in WMP as well as Roxio.....

(Also, when trying to edit DV, the overlay window is purple unless I run the NVidia control panel first for Premiere and Studio. I don't have to run the panel to get the correct color in Roxo, which again leads me to suspect some kind of Roxio takeover of drivers for other programs.)

Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I'm editing video files (.wmv, .mg) I captured using Logitech Pro 9000/Zooom H4 in various editors. I can capture as well in Adobe Premiere and Studio 10, but when I playback in those editors there is no sound.

The files playback fine in Windows Media Player AND in Roxio MC8 (I can capture there as well, of course).

Does Roxio somehow interfere with the use of Premiere and Studio 10 (they are NOT running concurrently, and I even rebooted before bringing them up). I'm suspecting some kind of Roxio "takeover" at this point, since everything works in Roxio's editor, but none of the others. (Again, the files themselves playback fine in WMP as well as Roxio.....

(Also, when trying to edit DV, the overlay window is purple unless I run the NVidia control panel first for Premiere and Studio. I don't have to run the panel to get the correct color in Roxo, which again leads me to suspect some kind of Roxio takeover of drivers for other programs.)

Any suggestions?

I have both and don't have the problems you are seeing. Where did the original videos come from?

Did you install any weird codecs? WMP 11 or IE 7 ? What kind of adjustments are you talking about when you say you run the nVidia Control Panel? Have you updated your video drivers lately? To what. What is your video card/driver? What screen resolution are you using?

Archived