• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC10 Application Error 0xC0000022 when executing any/all components

InvisibleDave

Question

I am running Windows XP Home (With I think all of the MS updates...)

After installation of EMC10 on my computer, and rebooting. All of the EMC10 applications fail to run and give a 0xC0000022 application error.

This is a related web site from MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837131

and here is one in "general" that seems to relate to this problem: http://www.opssys.com/instantkb/article.aspx?id=10176

I've tried to change the permissions on the MSVBVM60.dll and that did not help. So, I went to the top level of the C:\Windows and did a permission change adding "everyone" recursively to have "read&execute" and "read" permissions.

(BTW, for you to get at the additional security settings in XP Home. You have to "reboot" use "F8" at the appropriate time to get the Windows Safe Mode screen, then boot into Safe Mode. Then, you must login as the "Administrator" user. Do not login as a user with admin priv's...)

I have submitted a request for Microsoft to send me the "HotFix" that supposedly solves this problem according to their web page... But I haven't received it yet.

Anyone have any other suggestions... short of "reformating" or turning it into a "Hackintosh".

I think I will boot into safe mode, and do the "everyone" permission change down the "Roxio" tree. What the heck..

Thanks.

-Dave

7 answers to this question

"sfc /scannow" Didn't work for me...

To make a long story short... E-Machines delivered their own "customized" version of the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition CD/DVD....

So, Unless I want to "wipe" the drive... I don't seem to get the correct repair option with this disk. So now, I'm off to quiz friends to see who has a real XP Home CD/DVD for me to borrow.

If I buy anything to put on this machine... It'll be XP Pro. Unfortunately this is my kids game machine. Guess I have something to waste yet more of my time doing over the Xmas holidays.

-Dave

The HotFix will not run/install... It see's that I have the SP2 stuff installed.

:unsure:

Will try the sfc /scannow

I am running Windows XP Home (With I think all of the MS updates...)

After installation of EMC10 on my computer, and rebooting. All of the EMC10 applications fail to run and give a 0xC0000022 application error.

This is a related web site from MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837131

and here is one in "general" that seems to relate to this problem: http://www.opssys.com/instantkb/article.aspx?id=10176

I've tried to change the permissions on the MSVBVM60.dll and that did not help. So, I went to the top level of the C:\Windows and did a permission change adding "everyone" recursively to have "read&execute" and "read" permissions.

(BTW, for you to get at the additional security settings in XP Home. You have to "reboot" use "F8" at the appropriate time to get the Windows Safe Mode screen, then boot into Safe Mode. Then, you must login as the "Administrator" user. Do not login as a user with admin priv's...)

I have submitted a request for Microsoft to send me the "HotFix" that supposedly solves this problem according to their web page... But I haven't received it yet.

Anyone have any other suggestions... short of "reformating" or turning it into a "Hackintosh".

I think I will boot into safe mode, and do the "everyone" permission change down the "Roxio" tree. What the heck..

Thanks.

-Dave

OK on the reformat/reinstall. If the 'new' problem is the ntldr one, there is a patch for that - when you install, do NOT reboot but go straight to updates and install the patch (that will cure that problem).

There is also a known issue with a runtime (throwing up a C++ error) - just deselect the running modules at boot time buy either using msconfig or in control panel, admin tools). This is being worked on at the moment by Roxio

It's definitely a MS error, but a quick browse came up with this from techsupport forum

First try and Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

If this does not resolve your issue try a Repair Install

Set the computer to boot from cd first in the BIOS

Place the xp cd in cdrom and reboot

Boot from the xp cd and choose install

Ignore the first repair option and continue with install

When windows finds the previous installation and offers to repair

then do the repair

If you have xp sp2 installed it needs to be incorporated into your xp disk or it will not offer the repair option only the clean install

Archived